Jambands.ca

Felabrate this Friday at the Mercury Lounge, Ottawa

bagochips

Come Felabrate Afro-beat and dance the night away ! Afrobeat is a complex fusion of Jazz, Funk, psychedelic rock, and traditional West African chants and rhythms. Afrobeat also borrows heavily from the native "tinker pan" African -style percussion. Friday April 13th, drumming circle from 7:00 pm - 10:30pm. Followed by Ottawa magnificent D.J. Lance Baptiste, spinning Fela Afro-beat; originals and remixes. With Jesse. M on Congas, Docta Lee on Djembe, & Mario on Trumpet. Saturday April 14th, Live music by "OFC Jazz Band Afrobeat Project" Doors open at 7pm - live show at 8:30pm. Followed by Ottawa legendary D.J. Trevor Walker, spinning originals and remixes of Fela. Visuals by Matt Cameron.

mercury lounge

facebook event page

I strongly encourage those of you who like to dance to consider attending this event. In terms of music that makes me smile, Fela is right up there with Jerry, Miles & 'trane.

It's freaking awesome music that puts a smile on your face & forces your feet to move. Friday night will be tons of fun.

I won't be there, but if you live in Ottawa, you should go.