Jambands.ca

Lee Fields with Maylee Todd - Hamilton May 6th!

kc

Its become a staple in the live music scene, particularly for "jambanders" (loosely defined) since the closing of the beloved Pepperjacks. Its got a bit of a seedy vibe to it that I find quite comforting, in the sense that its a bit gungy. I've always been treated well there. Gets a little congested in there for busy shows, which can amount to some heat and air circulation issues, but I haven't seen anyone collapse mid-boogie yet. I give it a thumbs up for sure. Great staff in my experience.

It was an amazing show..

Nice comments describing the club Edge.. It does have a slight seedy vibe but it is owned and run by some really great people. They are old punk-rockers. The sightlines are great and the sound is awesome. Nice little lounge area at the back of the room. Doug the Sound-guy and Mary have moved there from the old PJC.

Plus drinking on the patio and enough space around the club if anyone wants to step away for a smoke..

Of note re this band. I found out the night of, that the sax player is returning this monday in another band called Ikebe Shakedown which I will be posting about shortly. they are a dope afro-beat band also from brooklyn.

Of note re this band. I found out the night of, that the sax player is returning this monday in another band called Ikebe Shakedown which I will be posting about shortly. they are a dope afro-beat band also from brooklyn.

They're on the Live Music Archive, though there's only one recording up there so far:

http://archive.org/details/IkebeShakedown

Aloha,

Brad