Jambands.ca

Guess Lebron's not as bad as you thought, huh Sloth?

Hal Johnson

[beginrant]

This series was a flipping joke, as the finals always are. Game one, unnecessary calls going the way of the Thunder, they win. Game two, several bad calls in the mid-fourth leave the game very close, and surprise, surprise, Wade is "fouled" by a no-contact play to bring the Heat up by one, and then again, surprise, the Ref forgets what a foul looks like when Durant is shooting. Couldn't make LeBron the villain I guess?

Game three, Refs award points and techs, for... some reason I guess. Oh, and that not-a goal-tend was a pretty nice call too, awarding the Heat two points due to, what, bad eyesight? Low technology in the building prevent them from checking the replay and taking the two points that won the game back? nope.

Game four, ref makes his presence felt in the third, leaving the Thunder runnign uphill for the third night in a row against a very good team that seems to be untouchable (and I mean that literally with at least three foul calls with no contact between players [to the point that the refs switched the culprit several times on each], nice work).

All that said, none of the players on the Thunder came to play other than Durant and Westbrook. Harden disappeared, but I think that mostly has to do with getting put in foul trouble. Watch the games again and keep an eye out for how many times he's given credit for a foul and on the replay, you just can't find any contact at all.

This year's finals were disappointing for me on the same order that the Jordan/Bulls made me bitter. I used to turn off the league at the end of the conference finals. I think I'm gonna be back to that for a few until they come up with a way to at least provide the illusion that they're calling the same way at either end of the floor.

PS. I hope you all enjoy the smell of Bron's sack, cause he's gonna be waggling it in your face for the next few months... he just seems like such a gracious winner.

fuckstern

[rantover]

The most cowardly of posts you stinking bum Hal! Posting after the series is over, for shame :)

If I had known anyone was watching I'd would have been posting all playoffs.

I never said he wasn't good, I just said he shrinked and hide from it last playoffs (which he did). But, credit where credit is due, he played like a champ. That three pointer when he had a severe leg cramp made me want to cry (tears of rage). He played great, he took and made shots......yeah, christ. At least he told Chalmers to shut the fuck up in the third when he started yapping.

Lebron's numbers were disgusting, just disgusting.

Bosh deserves a lot of credit for dominating on the boards at times.....fuck you Perkins.

Harden was just awful. Good for two ridiculous charges a game. Just put the ball down and drive straight into someone. Take notes from Westbrook Harden. His shot disappeared and after that you could tell he was hesitant.

Also the Thunder missed so many layups, painful.

Feel bad for Westbrook and Durant but if they can keep that core together they'll be back. They're young and they played like it.

Ah well. King James it is for now.

The most cowardly of posts you stinking bum Hal! Posting after the series is over, for shame :)

If I had known anyone was watching I'd would have been posting all playoffs.

Hahaha, I've been tempted to post but felt the same way.

Weird playoff all together. I know Simmons documented it quite extensively, but Rose's injury sure changed the whole complexion of this thing. Not saying the Heat wouldn't have won, but it would have been a different bag all together (I'd still pick the Heat over the Bulls).

Too bad we didn't get much of a series, but the Heat showed they were the better team. I look forward to how Durant and OKC responds next year.

Yeah, I thought the Thunder would have done better but they're young and the Heat kept it together better.

They had plenty of chances but couldn't put it together at crunch time in Miami. I thought the non-call on Durant in game 2 was a heart breaker but such if life, I think the NBA is generally officiated poorly overall, I'm not going to blame the refs on this one.

I blame Harden and maybe Perkins for not boxing out Bosh more. The coach takes a bit of heat because despite Westbrook's bonehead play the coach should have made it damn clear that there'd be 5 seconds on the shot clock.