Jambands.ca

Need Coldplay tix for Toronto

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

It's my wife's birthday on the 25th, I just found out that Coldplay are playing Toronto, AND my trip to Baton Rouge got cancelled. The stars have aligned themselves for a wicked surprise present... but both shows are sold out. I need two extras. Anyone know anyone trying to sell?

There are a bunch of tix available for tonite's show on TM now. The ones behind stage would actually be pretty good and seem to be a bit cheaper. Very close to the band.

Had a great time last night. A very slick production full of all sorts of surprises that I will not spoil for those going tonite. (And I highly recommend that noone else post any pics, or detailed reviews until after tonite.) Even if you aren't the biggest Coldplay fan, it's definitely worth checking out.

Thanks so much to our good friend who treated us last night. :)

Guest Low Roller

Yep. We got in yesterday and enjoyed a tremendous show. Slick production like PT said. If you are planning on going tonight I recommend that you sit in section 121 or 122 if you're not on the floor. Good viewing angle and a surprise during the show.

I won't even post the setlist because the anticipation of the next song was part of the fun.

Opened for them in Vancouver at the beginning of this same tour. Went into it fully expecting to roll my eyes at their entire show, or possibly just catch a few tunes and then roll out. It ended up being an unbelievable show. Couldn't believe how good they were, their playing was amazing, the drummer is unbelievable, and they just genuinely put on a great don't-think-too-hard-about-it rock and roll show for the people. And how about this, there were four bottles of champagne in our dressing room after our set, with a little note thanking us for playing. Nice guys, class act, good rock show. Happy some of you folks enjoyed it.

Cool. I haven't listened to them in years really. I remember getting great grief on here years ago for going to one of their shows. It was fantastic. Haven't heard much of their newest album. Their last one or two didn't do anything for me. But they have some great songs.

Guest Low Roller

The latest album is actually really good, minus an unfortunate duet with Rihanna (which happens to be their latest single sadly).

Coldplay albums have a tendency to grow on me. If you don't dig the full albums I'm sure that you can come up with a pretty solid compilation of your favorite songs.

Like U2, Coldplay gets unfairly slagged on this message board. Both are what they are: arena rock bands. In this age of R&B and completely crap manufactured music we really do need more bands like them.