Jambands.ca

Olympix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davey Boy 2.0

Phew! Good news for a change ;) No more listening to "I Believe" and hopefully they decide to tell Brian Williams that he's not needed in Russia or Brazil :D :D :D

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/08/01/cbc-olympics-rights.html

My first reaction was "Thank God, no more Rod Black." I've found him aggravating for as long as I can remember, to the extent that when my Dad saw him at an event when I was a teenager, he got me an autograph just to piss me off.

Olympic boxing is a fucking joke!

Pure bullshit!

The only tournament refereed and judged by people who don't actually like boxing and have no clue what the sport is about or how to understand the action.

Simply appalling.

Why include a sport only to make a mockery of it?

Why do the Olympic Boxing judges leave the venue early?

They aren't gonna watch the matches anyways.......

wah wah. :(

Hey, I've watched tons of bouts. I thought Custio Clayton go jobbed but Mary Spencer was terrible. She's even admitted that she was nervous and distracted. I could tell since she ate a lot of overhand rights (when they weren't clutching and pawing). The Team Canada coach thought she lost too. I wish we'd see the odd body punch, but that that art went away when the new point system was implimented.

Edited by Guest

Why do the Olympic Boxing judges leave the venue early?

They aren't gonna watch the matches anyways.......

wah wah. :(

Hey' date=' I've watched tons of bouts. I thought Custio Clayton go jobbed but Mary Spencer was terrible. She's even admitted that she was nervous and distracted. I could tell since she ate a lot of overhand rights (when they weren't clutching and pawing). The Team Canada coach thought she lost too. I wish we'd see the odd body punch, but that that art went away when the new point system was implimented.[/quote']

I'm not at all saying that she won. I'm also not saying that the only people to get hosed were hosers. There was a match between an Italian and a Cuban at the light heavyweight class that was a joke. The big Italian just held the other guys' arms and the ref gave a penalty to the Cuban for holding. Anber was losing it and they started a conversation about "Why do they do this and why don't the boxing purists lose it on the IOC when this happens?" Anber's answer? "I'm losing it right now?!" Not that I'd call Anber my hero, but I trust that he knows the difference between a fight and a facade.

Edited by Guest