Jambands.ca

2012 NFL Season

peipunk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bless the NFL, and keep our players and favourite teams and meat animals safe. For this we pray, amen.

How you feeling about things now my friend?

RGIII is looking amazing in his debut.

I told you he was looking great in pre-season but it's nice to see him play well on the road in a real game. Pass the grape kool-aid, the Skins are Super Bowl bound.

That Alfred Morris kid I was telling you about ran the ball great as well.

It was a fan-fucking-tastic day to be a football fan. Amazing day of games, although yes Sloth, you smarmy cunt, sadly my Packers lost. However, this was moderately offset by the fact that we unveiled the new setup at the cottage.

Click here for a few pics.

51" Plasma on the left, with volume for the featured games (Bears then Packers), 55" LED on the right with the NFL Red Zone channel WHICH IS FUCKING AWESOME. It used to be me, scrambling trying to keep track of all the scores, flipping on commercials to different games....no more. It does it all. I was squealing like a little girl for the first hour of games.

Okay, I'll concede that beats my 50" Plasma with my laptop streaming the alternate game via an extremely crappy, stuttering feed but my room is free of both islanders and Packers fans so it has that going for it.

Toss in the fact there seems to be multiple Bears fans in attendance, by far the most disgusting, disturbed, dishonest, deluded, stench ridden, shit stained, cross-eyed, villainous NFL fan base to have ever existed, and I think I'm coming out ahead.

Also, my dog is better than yours. There, I said it.

(kudos on taking the loss so well, I was hoping you'd be in tears)

Ha! Funny but true.

For Game of Thrones fans

Also I'm mildly surprised you just let this .......

Toss in the fact there seems to be multiple Bears fans in attendance, by far the most disgusting, disturbed, dishonest, deluded, stench ridden, shit stained, cross-eyed, villainous NFL fan base to have ever existed, and I think I'm coming out ahead.

...... sit there.

Pass the grape kool-aid' date=' the Skins are Super Bowl bound.[/quote']

Still delusional and loving it.

Robert Griffin was disgusting again. The Skins 4th quarter defence ...... not so much. They're picking up where they left off last year.

Lets not forget the Skins almost blew a 14 point, late 4th quarter lead to the Saints last week. Many issues have to be resolved, the important thing is they have tons of draft picks to shore things up ...... wait, what?

Also, I see you have connived a friend of mine into being a greasy Redskins disciple of yours. For Gods sake Dinghy, pull out! While you still can!!!

No! Hop on the bandwagon early and then claim you're a life long fan when RGIII leads them to eight consecutive SuperBowl victories.

Joking aside, RGIII was indeed absolutely amazing and I think he is going to be a lot of fun to watch for a lot of years. He is the first quarterback born in the 90's to start an NFL game.

Now back to the joking; I can't believe you typed out "Robert Griffin". I think I'll go with the supremely annoying Peter King's supremely annoying nickname for him: BobGriff.

Aw ferfucksakes....Now what sloth?

DE Adam Carriker is expected to undergo surgery after seriously injuring his knee in the Redskins' Week 2 loss to the Rams.

Carriker went down on the second play of the game and never returned. He'll have an MRI on Monday, but the Redskins are not optimistic. "It doesn't look good," coach Mike Shanahan said. The 'Skins also lost OLB Brian Orakpo to another pectoral injury, leaving a gaping hole in their pass-rushing stable. It's good news for their Week 3 opponent, the Bengals.

For all those who don't like to "blame the officials," are you ready to say that good officiating makes a difference yet? I'm actually having trouble enjoying this season cause the stupid replacements can't get anything straight, most annoyingly the flow of the game. brutal.

Owners;

solve this shit!

Edited by Guest
The most important thing is that the players are in unnecessary danger at this point because of incompetence.

I am not willing to lump on the blame squarely on the replacements, I think they are doing a moderately good job with the calls to be honest, but it is the players and coaches who are acting out and taking advantage of the inexperienced refs.

I had to roll my eyes last night when John Fox challenged the 12 men on the field call and was screaming and swearing and making a HUGE deal about it, calling the refs down to the lowest. Replay showed....there were 12 men on the field.

Don't get me wrong, they are missing some calls and making some bad ones... but there are a few of those every game with the normal refs anyway!

Last night was the most disruptive though, the first half was BRUTAL.

Aw ferfucksakes....Now what sloth?

DE Adam Carriker is expected to undergo surgery after seriously injuring his knee in the Redskins' Week 2 loss to the Rams.

Carriker went down on the second play of the game and never returned. He'll have an MRI on Monday, but the Redskins are not optimistic. "It doesn't look good," coach Mike Shanahan said. The 'Skins also lost OLB Brian Orakpo to another pectoral injury, leaving a gaping hole in their pass-rushing stable. It's good news for their Week 3 opponent, the Bengals.

Don't worry, it's all about Robert Griffin (that's right Punk, I'm going to write Robert Griffin every single time now), the Skins don't need a defence.

They're fine. 40 points a game is all they need, piece of cake. (losing Orakpo is devastating, Carriker is a huge blow as well, Bengals are going to light it up)

For all those who don't like to "blame the officials," are you ready to say that good officiating makes a difference yet? I'm actually having trouble enjoying this season cause the stupid replacements can't get anything straight, most annoyingly the flow of the game. brutal.

Owners;

solve this shit!

I don't think there's a person that follows sports that isn't going to say good officiating makes a difference but I think a lot of people are going to say once you get the best you think you can get out there then it's time to live with the calls and hope it evens out.

That said, what's going down now is bullshit. I'm not going to blame the officials because all of the officials are sitting at home. These D-grade schlubs aren't cutting it but you can't really blame them, the next best set of refs are working college, after that who really has the experience to handle what is being asked of them.

I'm sympathetic to fact that it's a tough job and they're doing their best but it's just not good enough. The NFL rakes it in hand over fist, they need to resolve this, the real refs have clearly demonstrated what their absence means, pay them.

I'm not buying the players/coaches are pushing it, they've been putting up with this crap for 6 weeks now and they're sick of it. If your boss was making millions and brought in obviously incompetent people because he didn't want to fairly compensate his employees, and the new staff was screwing up your work, you'd be fucking pissed beyond belief. That's what's happening now, except the pay schemes are in the millions, not thousands.

The Baltimore - Philly game on Sunday afternoon was awesome. Like, totally awesome.

Caught the end of it, wish I had watched more. The Philly fans were going apeshit.

Did you watch last night's spectacle? It was kind of rough at times, pretty bad flow, a lot of frustration showing. I'd like to see the refs get paid so I can be properly annoyed by a blown call.

I might have to start watching this foot ball you speak of because of the NHL lockout to get my sports fix.

I doubt you'd enjoy it, no one gives a fuck about what jersey number someone is wearing and who wore it in seasons past.

Guest Low Roller

Ah yes, the nefarious double standard of American colleges...

I just wish that one of the stats they showed in NCAA was what program players are enrolled in. Just to even pretend that they are there to learn and not there to make the college millions of dollars.

"I wanted to dedicate myself more toward football," conceded Finch, a sophomore center. "Yeah, I did take a little bit of the easier road. Management is still hard. You've still got to go to class."

Dude will probably end up at the Telfer School Of Management when he is done with football.