Jambands.ca

Some F*****g Hockey This Year Fan Forum 12/13

Hal Johnson

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sick of the f'in NHL, Buttman, NHLPA, etc. ... They are losing fan interest like crazy. If the NBA was smart (ha) they'd be doing everything they could to lure hockey fans to their sport (i won't be going though ). Life goes on without NHL-level hockey. I would like to see them lose the season and Buttman in the process. Treat it like a Phish 'hiatus' and come back later with a refreshed product and a thinned herd.

In the meantime, this puts in a different perspective. :(

• 1 month later...

doing post Christmas break in Germany and Czech Republic and will go hit one of the Czech league games. Jagr's team has Jagr, Plekanec, Tlusty, and Zidlicky, and play in a rink with 8,500 capacity. Should be fun.

Fuck having to go all the way back to Europe to catch some pro hockey though.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the NHL will soon be back in business, I hear a lot of chatter about boycotting. Is anyone here going to boycott? Not me!

I took a co-worker to task yesterday. He angrily declared that he was boycotting the NHL. When I asked him if he was going to watch games on TV, he said yes. Then I said “If you’re boycotting, you can’t watch any games on TV, and you can’t even find out what the score was.â€

Then I noticed a brand new Senators calendar on his cubicle wall and I knew his boycott would be very short.

yeah it's the casual "I don't really care that the NHL's back" that kills me.

You just know that once the games start up again they'll take the path of least resistance and somehow, soooomehow tune in with increasing regularity.

It's the people who weren't all that interested in the first place that will take the holier than thou stance and look down their nose at you, I'd imagine.

Good times

I wanted to.......I really did........

Might not do a MTL trip this year but thats more due to finances than some kind of bullshit idealogical stance. I will probably go to at least one or two Sens games at SBP mainly thanks to delicious convenience. Definitely seeing the Habs there at least once.