ISO DSO Extra (s)

Rary8

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No comprende. Did this show sell out??

sure did

DARK STAR ORCHESTRA - 7:00PM (moved from Danforth Music Hall)

WhenThursday, Nov 15, 2012

Description Embrace Presents…

DARK STAR ORCHESTRA - First Canadian Appearance!

Doors 7pm

all ages & 19+

SOLD OUT/ Tickets originally purchased for The Danforth Music Hall will be honoured

I'm happy for the band that they are playing in a sold out venue now, but I know quite a few people that will likely be dissapointed that they now will be shut out (I think with the venue change many were under the impression that getting tickets in advance was not necessary). But I suppose the that's the risk one takes.Would a sold out opera house not have resulted in a well attended Danforth? I don't know how significant their differences in capacity are... Either way, SUPER happy I have my ticket in advance, and very much looking forward to the show.

Wow, I'm blown away. I'm pretty sure the cap at the Opera House is near 800 and I thought I heard that the revamped Danforth was around 650. So in fact, they've done better than they expected which is great news.

Not that I didn't expect it to sell well, but any promoter who has done this scene knows that these shows tend to have great walk-up vs. advance sales. Maybe they should move it to the Phoenix and then we can all get in!

Danforth is 1400 with GA floor.

Well that changes everything, doesn't it?

If I was the band I'd be upset at the reduced cap, given that the show is sold out! I'm sure they're taking their same guarantee but there was obviously potential for a good deal of overage on this show. I bet they would have sold out or come close at Danforth with the walk-up crowd.

On the somewhat surprisingly plus side there's more heads still pokin' around these parts than I was starting to figure. And hungry heads at that if they're willing to come out on a week night. And to the Opera House at that!

Agreed ... it's nice to see that their are still lots of heads around this part of the world willing to hit up a live show. I thought there was a strong possibility that this show would be sparsely attended, and I'm glad I'm wrong! I wish I could be there, but will get my fix in Buffalo the following two nights.

Peace, Mark