Jambands.ca

OHHHHH WHAT A FEELING... WHAT A RUSH!!

ollie

The Ottawa Rush is in the running as a possible name for the capital's new Canadian Football League team, but one of the owners of the team said it's only one of a number of names in contention.

Variations on the "Rush" name were submitted for trademark before the launch of a public contest to name the team.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/ottawa/story/2012/12/14/ottawa-rush-proposed-cfl-team-name.html

Guest Low Roller

It's better than having two teams in a nine team league called the Roughriders.

Call them the Ottawa Senators. More likely to play football under that name than hockey.

How wrong you are. One is Roughriders while the other went by Rough Riders. As Martin Short once said to David Letterman when describing how you can tell who won when the teams faced each other: "Canadians know who won".

How wrong you are. One is Roughriders while the other went by Rough Riders. As Martin Short once said to David Letterman when describing how you can tell who won when the teams faced each other: "Canadians know who won".

I'm Canadian. I don't know the difference. And a comment by Ed friggin' Grimly on Letterman does not count for shit.

I'd like to add the name Ottawa Naked Bootlegs to the mix as well :) Although it may cause some conflict with the Halifax Nakedbootlegs of the same name. nah, fuck it. A Canadian would know the difference.

Short's guest spot on Letterman was many years ago when Candy was an owner of the Argos and Dave asked Martin about the Grey Cup game that Martin attended in Winnipeg (the game where Rocket Ismail almost got hit by a frozen beer can). Short's a Ticat fan, being born and raised in the city you call home. It was a really funny segment.

• 4 weeks later...

I can get behind that name simply because Rush was so fuckinghorrific. I look forward to seeing the logo and everything all this entails. That will really go a long way in showing their vision.

And lets be serious no one was/is going to like the name. coughnostalgiacough. Alright, now back to your regular scheduling whereby all the complainers who were never going to go to a game are allowed to voice their opinions!