Jambands.ca

sad news - Lance

Freak By Night

Phorbsie, I'm just repeating what has been told to me, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt I guess. I've been told that the bands start playing at 8:00. The FB event lists 280 people as attending the event, but we all know that is usually wrong. I would be amazed if the place doesn't sell out though.

So yeah, I wish I had a better sense of when early really is, but I don't, sorry.

the official line up for tonight has now been posted:

Frank James

Christope Elie

Razor Mike Pihlainen

Melissa Payne

Miss Grundy

Wicked Grin - playing some Crowd tunes with friends

Bethany Bisaillion

The Fenton Brothers

The Mighty Popo Murigande and Scott Doubt

Big BigJeezus Truck

Jed Rached and Terry Owen

Bush Pilots

Death Cake

each band will play 3 songs and get about 15 minutes or so of stage time

I'm so glad we were there last night. Phorbesie and I had a great drunken time. We spent most of the night at the front grooving to the music, which was all-around fantastic. So many people were there, it was a fantastic tribute. Good old Lance woulda been proud.

I loved that his boots were there on the stage under glass.

I really think someone should have them bronzed and set on a pedestal outside his old club. Anyone wanna take on the project? I'll help.

Just starting to feel normal again. That was drunky :chug: :dazed:

I never met Lance, but I know he must have been an awesome, awesome dude if that party was any indication! I laughed, I cried, I loved all the bands, the place was filled with great people. It was a wonderful tribute to Lance.

Thanks to all who were involved and played music. I don't know all the names of the bands that I loved but I think especially I loved Miss Grundy, Wicked Grin, Big Jeezus Truck, Popo, Death Cake...all were amazing. So great!

You know, Lance was in those boots eh. That's why they were in the case.

Such an awesome night, such great music and good vibes. It was awesome to see guys I haven't seen in 10-15 years. So many memories from the Post, I cherish them all.

It's been a melancholy weekend for me coming down from the high of Friday night. Lance would have loved it though, it was certainly a night deserving of his remembrance.