Jambands.ca

IKE STUBBLEFIELD(Atlanta B3 Organ Master) w/ DAN WALSH - JAN. 23 - HAMILTON

kc

This Ain't Hollywood presents

IKE STUBBLEFIELD

ike_zps7362f840.jpg

http://www.ikestubblefield.com/

Special Guest: DAN WALSH with JOSH WILLIAMS(Fat Cats)

http://baritonedan.com/

Jan 23rd, 2013

This Ain't Hollywood, Hamilton

345 James St. North

Doors: 9pm, Cover: $12

Ike Stubblefield

Hammond B3 virtuoso Ike Stubblefield is a music industry legend. With almost 50 years in the business, you may think he’s seen and done it all, but he’s just getting started.

He cut his teeth backing Motown legends like the Four Tops, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Martha Reeves, Stevie Wonder and Rare Earth. He lent his soulful R&B style to Al Green, Ike & Tina Turner, Curtis Mayfield, B.B. King, The Pointer Sisters and George Benson, and helped create the classic B3 sound that others would imitate for generations to come. In 2010, he collaborated with Grammy-winning Atlanta soul man Cee Lo Green, recording organ and keyboards on 9 tracks.

These days, the B3 icon and mini-Moog master stays busy jamming with Papa Mali in New Orleans, rocking with Big Hat in Nashville and producing out of his Atlanta studio. Drawing from his recent time with the Derek Trucks Band and years on the road as a musician-for-hire, Stubblefield is finding his true passion collaborating with old friends and bringing the loose ends of an illustrious career together on his new project, The Ike Stubblefield Trio.

“I’m combining all elements of my 46 years of playing,†said Stubblefield. “My style’s kind of all over the place so it’s not a jam band, or jazz or funk necessarily, but it has all those elements.â€

Stubblefield’s craft and ingenuity on the keys landed him a plethora of jobs within the music field. Always busy with a new project, his career twists and turns have involved writing and scoring music for commercials, TV shows and film; founding clubs in Vancouver, Toledo and Atlanta; and performing as one of the world’s premier organ players.

“The B3 organ at the hands of a player like Ike Stubblefield becomes a force of nature,†one reviewer wrote following his headlining of the 2011 Savannah Music Festival.

A fixture of San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury neighborhood in the early 1970s, Stubblefield broadened his sound to fit the rock stylings of Janis Joplin, Eric Clapton, Jerry Garcia, Rod Stewart and Boz Scaggs. His reputation as a musician’s musician ensured his spot at the top of industry insiders’ lists of the most sought-after supporting band mates.

After traveling the world as a performing artist, Stubblefield took to the studio in 1976, producing, composing and writing songs with the likes of Phil Spector and Quincy Jones. Other world-famous collaborators would include Jim Capaldi of Traffic and singer-songwriter/guitarist Larry Lee.

Following 13 years of studio work through the 80s, Stubblefield spent much of the 90s performing in jazz clubs across the Pacific Northwest like Vancouver’s The Purple Onion and Seattle’s Jazz Alley with his band Is Not Was. After relocating to Atlanta in 2001, he Packed folks in at The Roxy, Variety Playhouse and The Dogwood Festival.

After 10 years of fighting with Cancer , Ike's back up and running stronger than ever..kicking off 2012 with a new CD, featuring 5, new 2012 Grammy winners performing on it, and he himself performing on 29 Cd's last year CeeLo, Jimmy Herring and most recent Ruthie Foster"s "Let It Burn" to name a few...

But no matter the job, Stubblefield continues to earn accolades from his peers and critics alike.

Ike Stubblefied is more than just a performer, he’s an artist in the true sense of the word, and whether writing, producing or composing, he is always working to perfect his art.

Edited by Guest

Ok, that's pretty freakin' cool! I dug this song the first time I heard it, and the video clip brings back fond memories of that awesome Codetalkers show in Hamilton at PJC!

Totally cool that you are bringing Ike Stubblefield to Hamilton. I've never seen him, but man oh man, I'm guessing this guy has got to be good if this band is playing a song dedicated to him!

Peace, Mark

• 2 weeks later...

There were a ton of blistering solos and all of the players were very good at what they do. I had thought it was going to be Ike with a band or players that he normally played with. They obviously hadn't played together before sound check and their timing was a bit off but they pulled it off for sure. Ike's left foot was like his third hand, it was mesmerizing to watch at times. Well worth $10, nice work kc! What is the second guitarists name?

Last night ruled!! Here's a vid

Thanks for posting these vids. Digging it at work right now.

Hey, is that Chris Cawthray the same one who used to have a band called Hearsay??? If it is, I know him from tape trading days wayyyyyyy back.

So sorry I couldn't make it out. Got so damn busy at home and then couldn't bear the thought of heading outside. Wuss.