Jambands.ca

Sen Fans Forum 2013

badams

I'm guessing Murray wanted to see what he had in Bingo in terms of team toughness before deciding he needed to fill that need. I'm trying to get a sense of the Sens roster at the time Kassian was put on waivers to see if I can find a reason he wasn't picked up then. I'm guessing our spate of even more recent injuries plus having to watch Wiercoch step up for Neil forced Murray to make this move.

So, yes, while Kassian was available "for free" a month ago I don't think he was on the Sens radar until the past two weeks of events.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Sens lose Carkner and Konopka while the rest of the Northeast Division gets tougher, or at least stays even..........

I'm guessing Murray wanted to see what he had in Bingo in terms of team toughness

If your 'guess' is correct then I say fire him now because that was poorly handled. Everyone who pays mild attention knew they needed to get tougher. The Sens walked into this season softer than Scot Youngs beautifulass.

And let the record show I never said anything about Kassian being free. It was a 6th round pick. Thats pretty much free in my view.

• 2 weeks later...

LfuckingOL

"Melnyk is so convinced that Pittsburgh’s Matt Cooke intentionally injured Sens’ defenseman Erik Karlsson last month that’s he’s commissioned a CSI-style forensic investigation to prove it."

Hahaha. For reals yo.

You watch.

Oh, I will Eugene. I will.

Edited by Guest

I gotta admit, and maybe this is a sign of myself aging poorly, but as a hockey fan, I gotta respect what this team is doing. How they manage to play with the confidence they do is beyond me. Its like Simmons' Ewing Theory in full force or something. I'll have to erase this before any of you schmucks read it.

• 2 weeks later...

More of a "wheels are off the wagon" but that works as well.

Rough time to swoon. I've tickets for the Caps on the 18th and we've got that upcoming booze up for the Leafs (I can't believe we're going back, well I can believe you're going back, it's not like it is some super painful experience for you). Hopefully I'll see some wins.

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting news!!

Sens D pairings today

Methot-Karlsson , Phillips-Gryba and Gonchar- Cowen. Lundin and Weircioch look to be odd men out 4 now.

I originally though Karlsson would play Saturday , I say he plays tomorrow
Edited by Guest