Jambands.ca

Sen Fans Forum 2013

badams

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was. Hips and shoulders made contact at practically same time, and Gryba's feet remained on ice - only mistake (unintentionally) made was the pass and having his head turned. Those type of situations almost always result in some sort of injury.

Unfortunate to see anyone get hurt like that though.

[edit to add]

I'll say it again, instead of bowing to public opinion or pressure about suspensions, penalties or making certain hits illegal, I say screw the players, and make wearing cages mandatory. I'm sure most will disagree with me - a few years ago I would have too - but fact is, so many controversial injuries and penalties would be avoided with a single rule.

Edited by Guest

I just watched Shanny's explanation. It kind of makes sense, I guess. He's quoting the illegal hit to the head rule. Personally, I'm not really that upset about the suspension.

The whole incident just adds more even more drama to the series! Enjoy the game folks.

Obviously Shanahan has more options for viewing the hit then I do, but I've watched sevearl different angles and don't see any targeting, nor contact with the head.

This

, for example - at 1:45 shows Eller's head clearly above Gryba's shoulder. If there is a better video or angle showing contact to head I've haven't seen it, but would easily accept the decision if there is showing such action.

I'm not outraged or anything about the suspension, but in my opinion it's simply the wrong call. The penalty at the time was enough. Fuck, Boston's Ference only got one game for an obviously intentional elbow to the head of Grabovski, which wasn't even called during the game.

I didn't think it warranted a suspension but they certainly must have considered this would help cool things down.

I get that but it cools things down in Montreal's favour. I would have liked to see how the Habs would have reacted to Gryba on the ice last night.

Anyway, a series split seems fair at this point. Sens didn't look very good last night. They haven't looked to dominate much outside of the 3rd period in game 1.

No more Matt Kassian please. I loved having Carkner last year because at least he can play decent minutes. Kassian is a total waste if he's not fighting.