Jambands.ca

Leaf Fans Forum 2013

badams

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that, but just release him then and pay him than try to gloss over the fact that you fired him. Silly.

They aren't saying shit in this press conference either. This timing is def a result of a severe disagreement going down between the suits at the top and Burke.

He should have been fired that moment he extended Wilson's contract, IMHO.

Burke's time as GM in TO is what got him fired. You believe whatever you want Kev but the rest of it is just the bullshit gong-show that is the Maple Leafs.

I dunno. If that were the case, why didn't they just fire him at the end of the last season? I'm thinking it's politics.

Aside from not making the playoffs during his tenure and that 20/20 hindsight of a colossal waste of a trade known as Phil Kessel, let's just allow these words to properly show exactly wtf went down (or didn't go down I should say):

"We require, as a team, proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence. That's how our teams play," Burke said.

"I make no apologies for that. Our teams play a North American game. We're throwbacks. It's black-and-blue hockey. It's going to be more physical hockey here than people are used to."

Everyone is going crazy because of the timing but if you look at it in it's simplest form this is a hockey move and one that shouldn't confuse anyone. He deserved to be fired.

If I'm not mistaken, when he came in, the selling point was that he would build through the draft. But if you look back at what he did it was pretty much exactly the same as his predecessors; ignore the draft and try to build the team through trades (mostly with his old team too, how creative) and FA signings. He had such a big personality that I think everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt. In hindsight, it was just another 4 years of complete uselessness.

Projected fw lines, according to TSN:

LW, C, RW

Lupul, Grabovski, Kessel

MacArthur, Bozak, Van Riemsdyk

Frattin, McClement (WHO?), Connolly,

Brown, Steckel, Kulemin

Kinda weird, can't see Kulemin on the 4th line, would switch him with Frattin at least. And where the hell is Lombardi? They've got him way down on the depth chart, but he's definitely a starter in my books, unless I'm missing something with this McClement character. Either way, leaves out Kadri, who is only 22 I might add. I say trade him to Columbus and let him flourish as the 1 dimensional sniper he should be.