Jambands.ca

Leaf Fans Forum 2013

badams

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only collapse that I can equate that third period to was the final round of the British Open when Jean Van de Velde shot a 78 in 1999. He only needed a double bogey on 18, Triple bogey'd, went to a play off and lost to Paul Lawrie.

Ah well, I say it again as I have since Ive been alive... there's always next year Leafs!

Its been a fun ride that's for sure.

The only collapse that I can equate that third period to was the final round of the British Open when Jean Van de Velde shot a 78 in 1999. He only needed a double bogey on 18, Triple bogey'd, went to a play off and lost to Paul Lawrie.

Funny you referenced that as Sergio Garcia channeled Van de Velde this weekend and blasted two into the drink from the tee on the 17th in the Players Championship this weekend. He was only tied for the lead but it was still awesome to watch.

Didn't see the entire Leafs collapse because I was watching the Caps fucking choke but thankfully Dinghy texted me and I caught the overtime. Ouch.

Guest Low Roller

Ironically everyone remembers this loser, who in theory 'won', dropping the following infamous quote:

I'm glad I got drafted first, because no one remembers number two.

• 1 month later...
Guest Low Roller

Remember when the Toronto hype machine made the Blue Jays out to be the best team in baseball before the season started? This.