Jambands.ca

Toronto Urban Roots Festival: July 4-7

DevO

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I was under the impression that the Fort York shows would only be on the Saturday and Sunday. Now if they would just add Bonnie Prince Billy to the lineup, that would be excellent. :) AND a solo instrumental steel odyssey performed by the Good Rev.

Logos for The Horseshoe and Lee's Palace (and Collective Concerts) are included at the bottom of the TURF page.. So perhaps/probably/maybe that's where the evening shows might be.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
Aloha TURF Multi 4 Day, and VIP Ticket Buyer!

TURF is announcing our indoor late night club bonus series next week with tickets for sale to the general public on Thursday May 23.

The late night club bonus series will take place at Lee's Palace and The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern and will include shows by Charles Walker & The Dynamites, The Barr Brothers, JD Mcpherson, The Sadies, Wooden Sky, Hannah Georgas, Dawes, The Felice Brothers, Larry and His Flask, Alejandro Escovedo, and Frank Turner

As a supporter of our inaugural outdoor fest we thought we'd let you know about this series a week before anybody else and give you the first shot at all late night TURF club shows a full 8 days before they go on sale to the general public!

I was under the impression that the 4-day festival pass INCLUDED club shows...??? Anyone else?

PS - Club show lineup at: www.torontourbanrootsfest.com/tickets

Edited by Guest

I was under the same impression.

Still, The only night I'm interested in the late night series is Dawes and Felice Bros. at Lee's.

I only bought a ticket for the Saturday to see The Hold Steady but won tickets for the Sunday so I can see Neko Case and Belle & Sebastian.

Should be interesting. A venue that's not familiar with my crap. We'll see how this blows over two days!!!

I'm getting worried about whether this thing happens at all. Ticket sales are weak, its less than 6 weeks to the fest and there are still TBAs on the website, info about these club shows were super sketchy and they appear to be having to gouge (away?) on the daily ticket prices.

ack! No fear! No Fear? Is this realy a possibility? I'm realy looking forward to this fest. Fingers crossed!