Jambands.ca

R.I.P. "Dangerous" Dan Toler

deranger

"Dangerous" Dan Toler passed away today after a long battle with ALS.

http://www.spinner.ca/2013/02/26/dangerous-dan-toler-dead-allman-brothers-band/

He played on their worst records, but I always thought he was a decent guitarist. Saw him with Dickey and Great Southern years ago. He was solid, Dickey was not.

Edited by Guest

I'm pretty sure they brought Dangerous Dan back to play with the Allmans Brothers 4-6 years ago when they did a show at Molson Amphitheatre and Warren could'nt make it so they replaced Warren with Dangerous Dan and Chuck Leavell (who was in town rehearsing with the Rolling Stones).

can anyone confirm this?

Also think that I saw Dan play with Dickey Betts when he played Opera House 2005ish.

I'm pretty sure they brought Dangerous Dan back to play with the Allmans Brothers 4-6 years ago when they did a show at Molson Amphitheatre and Warren could'nt make it so they replaced Warren with Dangerous Dan and Chuck Leavell (who was in town rehearsing with the Rolling Stones).

can anyone confirm this?

Also think that I saw Dan play with Dickey Betts when he played Opera House 2005ish.

The Allman Brothers haven't played the Molson Ampitheater since 2005. At that show it was Jimmy Herring filling in for Warren. Chuck tickled the ivories.

It wasn't Jimmy Herring it was Jack Pearson.

It was indeed Mr. Jack Pearson. Flown in special for the show as Warren had a death in the family. I was lucky enough to be 4th row centre.

And once again, due to friends in high places I'll be side stage for 2 ABB Beacon shows in a couple of weeks. Had the honor last year and get a repeat this year.