Jambands.ca

Osheaga 2013

AD

Well now we know what crushed Monahan's spirit, this a huge lineup for Osheaga they obviously have made some big time partners helping pull the strings, C3 for one at least.

Personally I think the lineup is shit but you gotta give them props for booking the big names

What I don't get though is Lollapalooza and Osheaga have almost identical lineups and they're on the same weekend?!? That has to be a logistical nightmare

What I don't get though is Lollapalooza and Osheaga have almost identical lineups and they're on the same weekend?!? That has to be a logistical nightmare

As I understand it, this is on purpose. Festivals on the same weekend team up and book acts in tandem. It's easier to move a bunch of people between two fixed locations (with big airports) than it is to fly in bands from all over the place.

This is true. They lease themselves a dedicated charter airline service so they don't mess up their stage scheduling. With tandem bookings they also typically get better pricing for acts, or groups of acts represented by the same management or agency.

It will be interesting to see if Outside Lands ends up with a lineup that looks similar to both of these.