Jambands.ca

Tues July 9: Phish at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NW, I had that happen to me the other day...that exact message.

I couldn't access the TM site for 12 hours and then it went back to normal. But for 12 hours or so...white page.

Blocked for some reason. Stupid TM!

You may be able to get to the page if you hook onto a different network than the one you're on. because when i got blocked the other computers in our house did too.

Edited by Guest

There's a thread on PT and everyone in same boat. Buddy posted he was first at an outlet and got a pit..second 400's and 3rd lawn. Another guy was first at an outlet and got 400s!

So with hardly any good seats in any of the pre-sales, Phishtickets or the reg on sale, where the F are all these tickets?

Capshaw selling to the "secondary market"? I wouldn't bet against it.....

Wow, I've seen this sort of thing happen before, but never to this extreme. And in those situations, it's happened when the concert was likely to sell out on day one.

It begs the question: Who bought all of the tickets? Phish fans? Ticket resellers? Scalpers? Are they being held back to try and get people to "panic" and buy up the cheap seats, with blocks of good seats to be released at a later date? Is this something that is being conducted by Ticketmaster and/or Live Nation and/or the Molson Ampitheatre, or is it something happening because of outside forces? It is interesting to follow this from a business perspective, and frustrating from a fan perspective.

I remember when the Phish show at Darien Lake sold out in 2009. I know a few friends who bought tickets from Stubhub for a premium. Come show time, there were all kinds of extras in the lot.

I personally would not buy a greatly marked up ticket to this show. Not because I'm against it morally, but simply because I still hope to be able to buy a good ticket to this show on the day of this show for face value. And on July 9, I will almost certainly be able to buy a ticket in the 400's or on the lawn for face value (or even less).

And keeping the positive train of thought, if there really are this many people wanting to go to a Phish show in Toronto, maybe next year they'll come for a 3 day long weekend run!

But it's still damn frustrating to this fan who simply wants to buy good tickets at a fair price!

Peace, Mark

the pit tix on stubhub are a great deal right now' date=' as far as im concerned. [/quote']

Terrible deal.

you think? double face to relieve all stress immediately and be as close as possible seems like a winner to me.

Paying anything above face value to a scalper the day of or after onsale is a terrible deal.

Are they being held back to try and get people to "panic" and buy up the cheap seats, with blocks of good seats to be released at a later date?

That's what I think the deal is.

They hate it when they can't sell seats, but the lawns are full since most people don't want to pay a premium (not as big a jump in price for Phish though).

Still, it will be fun times no matter where you are at the show. Unless i'm in the Pit or 100s there, i'd almost rather be on the lawn.