Jambands.ca

The Rainbow, Ottawa, Tribute to Stompin' Tom Connors - Friday April 19

Cosmic ChrisC

Come Stomp Along: An Evening of Music for Charity Paying Tribute to Stompin' Tom Connors

Presented by the Ottawa Citizen’s The Big Beat (Peter Simpson) and Guerilla magazine, this rollicking night of live performance will feature some of Ottawa’s most beloved performers covering Stompin’ Tom tunes and playing original songs in the spirit of the late, great Stompin Tom Connors.

All proceeds from the event will support the Shepherds of Good Hope Ottawa Soup Kitchen.

Performers confirmed thus far:

Juno-award winner Lynn Miles (will cover Old Flat Top Guitar) Lynne Hanson (will cover The Hockey Song) John Carroll (will cover The Singer is the Voice of the People and Tillsonburg) Ashley Newall (will cover Bud the Spud) John Allaire (will cover Sudbury Saturday Night) Stoney Martins (will cover I Am the Wind) Big Jesus Truck ... and more!

Besides great music, there’ll be lots of excitement:

Win the event’s official Stompin’ Tom stomping board featuring an illustration of Stompin’ Tom and autographed by all performers Win other great draw prizes and bid on items in a silent auction Help us pay tribute to a great Canadian—and support a great cause

http://blogs.ottawacitizen.com/2013/04/16/stomp-along-with-the-music-of-stompin-tom-fundraiser-april-19-in-ottawa/

(edit to add: It wasn't this one)

I have an original Stompin Tom Connors stompin board from Toms' appearance at the Commodore Hotel in Penetanguishene. Its the one he used for the 2 week stay in 1970 and has the holes to prove it. I acquired it while working at the Commodore in 1972. I will make a donation of $1000.00 to the Midland Salvation Army in Toms' memory from the proceeds. E mail me for more info please.

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-AUTOGRAPHED-STOMPIN-TOM-CONNORS-STOMPIN-BOARD-FROM-THE-1970S-W0QQAdIdZ462610719

Edited by Guest