Jambands.ca

Sir Paul in Ottawa rumour

AD

The Ottawa crowd was lucky though as they not only got "Mull of Kintyre for the Anglophones in the Canadian Capital Region, they also got "Michelle" for the Francophone in the region.

It felt like a hybrid of a Toronto concert with "Mull of Kintyre" for the English speaking fans and a Montreal/Quebec City concert with "Michelle" for the French speaking fans!

Though don't tell the Ottawa fans it was had influences of a Toronto Paul gig, they may boo! It was so funny that the eighty-one year old lady that came up to on stage to hug Paul in the encore in between "Hi, Hi, Hi" and "Get Back." She told Paul on the microphone she is from Toronto and a good chunk of the crowd booed! Paul told those who booed "You're bad people!" Then he said "She's from Ottawa!"

Also Paul McCartney performed the original "Happy Birthday" (also known as "Happy Birthday to You") written in 1893 by Patti & Mildred J. Hill for Ringo Starr's birthday after "Maybe I'm Amazed" and before "I've Just Seen a Face." I was surprised that Paul wouldn't have done his "Birthday" instead. I am guessing he choose not to because he added both "Michelle" for the Francophone and "Mull of Kintyre" for the Anglophones in the Ottawa crowd. Due to the addition of all three of those songs and including the Jimi Hendrix "Foxey Lady" jam at the end of "Let Me Roll It," that was the most songs I've ever seen McCartney perform at one concert 42!