Jambands.ca

Americanarama Festival on Tour with Dylan, MMJ, Wilco

Northern Wish

Darien tix came out cheaper than advertised.

Grabbed a pair of lawns for $54 total. Gotta like the circa 1990 ticket prices. $20 lawns for Dylan...I'm pleased.

Just 'cuz it's fun to bitch about presale, got in right away and pulled last row of the 400's in the pavilion. Why have lousy seats as part of presale?!?! Okay, I know why, but it sux.

I managed to get a pair in the pavilion at SPAC.

I tried using the TM mobile app for the first time, and it seemed to be lightning quick at pulling tickets, but then threw them back on me a couple time for no apparent reason. The seats were all basically in the same area, so nothing lost.

• 2 months later...
I'm excited. Got some great seats last minute thanks to American Express front of the line leftovers.

Anybody have any clue as to set times?

Someone on my FB said this:

Richard Thompson: 5:30 PM

My Morning Jacket: 6:15 PM

Wilco: 7:55 PM

Dylan: 9:35 PM

Pine Knob Review:

MMJ: early, loud and expectedly rocking

WILCO: surprisingly rocky, better than expected, stole the show IMO. Highlight: Tomorrow Never Knows with MMJ and Richard Thompson. EPIC.

DYLAN:

Dylans band was tight, Dylan was a fucking disaster. Its like he is playing some kind of game that requires him to hide the songs he is playing from the crowd that paid to see him play. I have his music etched on my brain and didn't recognize Its a Hard Rain until the chorus- same with my girl who didn't recognize her favorite song (Tangled) until the line before the first chorus. Changing up songs to keep them interesting to an artist is one thing, but to totally deconstruct classic songs with beautiful melodies and turn them into third rate bar band blues is a travesty.

FYI: We went to the Union Woodhouse in Clarkston for BBQ pre show and it was the best meal I have eaten all year. If you go to this venue look it up, you will thank me later.

Edited by Guest

I went for MMJ and Wilco, but I stayed for Bob Dylan.

Always wanted to see Richard Thompson, and I finally did. Great performance.

I thought the entire evening was excellent. MMJ started mellow, then they rocked in fine format.

Wilco, as I expected, were the highlight of the evening. Leslie Feist was special guest for a couple of songs.

Bob was brilliant. I've seen good Bob and I've seen bad Bob. This night was good Bob. I've gotten used to the obscure arrangements of his classics.

I thoroughly enjoyed this concert on a hot hot Monday night in Toronto.

It was a fine night, even with Dylan. At least he was in a good mood and had a killer band featuring Colin Linden. Richard Thompson was a latent revelation and I was impressed by MMJ's gutsy decision to not play any of their surefire crowd pleasing guitar anthems, although they did tease "Run Thru".

Wilco were entertaining as always. The ode to Canada duets with

Feist were a highlight as was the all-star "Cinnamon Girl". Richard Thompson jamming a Fairport Convention classic with Tweedy and the boys kicked major ass. Overall, I didn't find Wilco too rockin, probably because they were teeing up closer Dylan. It's pretty clear the majority at the venue were there to see the legend. The lack of crossover appeal surprised me. I didn't recognize most of the Dylan tunes, including "Watchtower". His hardcore fans don't seem to care though, judging by the rousing ovations he got after every nearly incoherent rendition. He's essentially getting a free pass. If anyone has earned one, it's Bobby, although it makes for a challenging night for non diehards.

Edited by Guest