Jambands.ca

Remember The Dalai Llamas?

c-towns

Do You Remember The Dalai Lamas Band?

Hello the Funky few,

Do you remember drinking and dancing in the bar in the late 90's and early 20's? If you don't I fully understand, but if you do, do you remember a band called the the Dalai Lamas. There was a whole bunch of them on stage playing Funk, Reggae and Soul music. They tour'd in 1999, 2000 and 2001. If you don't remember them you must have been kinda loaded that time because I'm e-mailing you because you placed your name on a mailing list over ten years ago at one of their shows. I realize this was well before the age of camera phones and the like but if you had any footage, audio recording or even just interesting stories about them (good or Bad) I'd love to hear or see them. The reason I ask is because there is a documentary being compiled which will try to detail the late 90's funk music scene and the film makers are looking for any footage or recording to do with the Dalai Lamas. Please have a look through all that old shit in a box in your garage and find something that might be applicable to this. If by off chance you do find something please just get back to me at this email address. Thanks for looking back. Who knows, you might even enjoy reminiscing.

Thanks again

Sean

dalai_lamas@hotmail.com