Jambands.ca

Phish, Toronto: $2.99!

Northern Wish

I know an announcement like that should make me happy but can't help but think really? Sad and ridiculous state of affairs. Having said that I'm over it. Its going to be one enthusiastic crowd that's rarin to go! Won't be letting any corrupt ticketing system rain on my parade. Hope to meet some of you for the first time, and reconnect with many where its been too long!

I'm just gonna leave this here.

https://mega.co.nz/#!edgSDYDa!XttyUw2wY8iqfjs2K8_9JRgXfyoZ5tJ0j2tb2zhLmpU

Don't think it's been released (yet) and I'm digging it.

Enjoy

Cool, thanks.

http://phish.com/#/news/2013/27/live-bait-vol-9-available-for-free

Live Bait Vol. 9 Available For Free

The countdown to Phish's 2013 Summer Tour is underway. July 3rd is just around the corner, so what a better way to celebrate past Phish performances than with a new edition of Live Bait at LivePhish.com. Now available for free (download MP3s or stream Live Bait Vol. 9). Pass the link around and share with your friends.

To download for FREE, visit: http://bit.ly/livebait09

Live Bait Vol. 9 Track Listing

1. Foam 11/2/94 Bangor, ME

2. A Song I Heard The Ocean Sing 6/19/04 Saratoga Springs, NY

3. The Moma Dance 7/6/00 Toronto, Ontario, CANADA

4. Split Open And Melt > Kung > Jam 7/15/99 Holmdel, NJ

5. Mike’s Song > Twist > Weekapaug Groove 7/9/99 Columbia, MD

6. David Bowie 6/15/95 Atlanta, GA

7. AC/DC Bag > Ghost 11/7/98 UIC Pavilion – Chicago, IL

8. Tube > Slave To The Traffic Light 7/16/98 George, WA

9. Undermind 8/31/12 Commerce City, CO

It's a curious time for some of these acts these days. I note that the first two shows of the Dylan/Wilco/MMJ/Bob Weir Americanarama (what ding dong came up with that name?) tour have only had 5k - 7k attending in the 18k amphitheatres. Last Winter, Dave Matthews Band couldn't sell out a show in their "hometown" of Charlottesville, and I know their Toronto ACC show was half-full (10k).

I don't actually think the Phish Toronto show will be a disaster, as in feeling empty. Phish have played shows in Idaho with less attendees. But it's clear that if the tour was routed differently, this show would be selling at least a bit better.

I think Americanarama suffered from the same poor routing. If you've ever been to Florida at this time of the year you know its way too hot for an outdoor show that starts at 5pm and last for 6 hours.

With every band getting wise to touring lining their pockets the way physical sales did 2 decades ago, you have more shows and therefore more venues being booked solid in the major markets so you have to reach a little further or get creative to book a tour.

That said it would appear as though Phish will have around 10K at the Amp (based on the massive inventory of tickets both at ticketmaster and the secondary resale sites- plus all of the chumps like me who got PTBM lawns and then upgraded at the regular onsale therefore eating tickets). If it were a Saturday night during a slow concert period- I still don't think they would fill the place. Their star is falling and thats fine; like Booche said bring on the You Snooze, You Lose Tour!

Phish's days of filling most sheds are over. Apparently both shows at Deer Creek last year were barely half full. No surprise they're not there this year. That said, I think the Toronto show will only attract 10-12k due to the fact that it's mid week, and out of the way as far as routing goes. Not to mention the passport factor which is now an issue for a lot of US folks. But again, this is the band's first show here in 13 years, so how could anyone expect a sellout. Regardless I'm SO psyched for this as well as SPAC next weekend. Time to RAGE!!!

http://imgur.com/rUcZnyA

Edited by Guest

Phish's days of filling most sheds are over. Apparently both shows at Deer Creek last year were barely half full.

It's true. Look at the attendance figures from last year, especially in the mid-west (Burgettstown, Deer Creek [Klipsch], Alpine Valley).

2012 Phish ticket sales

Overall, though, it's not like there's not any money to be made here. All sorts of acts book get booked into "big' rooms but only anticipate a certain percentage of sales. From 1993 to 1999 Phish regularly played 18k-20k venues that "only" sold 8k - 10k. It's not like Tucson or Vancouver was hotbed markets for them but they still played there on occasion. And that's where Toronto fits into the picture now.

In a way things are just re-setting themselves back to "normal" for a band like Phish.

blah blah blah, shut up MarcO.