Jambands.ca

Special edition Nufunk Shirts...

Jay Funk Dawg

You may look like my mother but you're not. If you feel I shouldn't post what I want on here because it's not nice to Mr. Self Promotion than you SHOULD delete it. I don't have to play nice on the internet because you tell me to. I'll hate whoever I want to hate and if you tell me to not bitch about things than you're just being a wuss.

Listen son, free speech isn't only about you. It covers everybody. Jumping between "If you don't like what I have to say, you don't have to read it! " and "you SHOULD delete it" is what i'm talking about with conflicting rants. Have some electrolytes and replace all the ones you lost.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defend a dickhead all you like! That's your fuckin' problem.

I appreciate what you do here but when you say "If you're not intersted... don't post." you're telling me I shouldn't post on shit. I'll post whatever I wanna post and if you don't like it than fuck you dude! I luv ya but don't tell me what to post and what not to post!

Yeah, the promoter did an EXCELLENT job with this show. What an incredible venue with zero safety concerns, competent staff, ample supply and easy access to fluids, pristine sound, well co-ordinated entry, and easily letting people come in and out to get fresh air.

A real top notch job by the promoter.

I was happy we were able to get our out-of-town friends in for their first Burt show, but that feeling was quickly dashed when we got inside.

I heard a different tale from several people so everyone blowing Jay Cleary for likely fucking the band for money they earned that he didn't as a "promoter" can eat it.

What a hell of a promoter... get rich off the cancellation of a show. Ugghhh you make Don Henley look good.

I'm glad folks had fun at BNB though, that's great. Hope you all bought the t-shirt!!! I'm sure you did because you're posting on this thread!

Yeah, the promoter did an EXCELLENT job with this show. What an incredible venue with zero safety concerns, competent staff, ample supply and easy access to fluids, pristine sound, well co-ordinated entry, and easily letting people come in and out to get fresh air.

Dear lord have mercy on my soul.

Basher, what are you talking about? Every single point you make is the complete opposite of what I experienced, except for the easy access to fluids.

Safety concerns everywhere (half the balcony was like a construction zone), filthiest bar since CoZo, absolutely disorganised staff, the sound was the complete opposite of the Lanois show I saw there (did anyone hear the bass?), "once you're out you're out", and finally, the absolute worst entry I think I have ever seen to a ticketed event. Particularly with regard to the entry it was seriously hard to believe the promoter had ever done this before.

Or maybe I was just loaded.

Oh yeah, now this isn't a complaint really, but did anyone get cut off from the bar? pre-parties + cancelled show = people were staggering in to the place, and they kept serving and serving.

Guest Low Roller

I am pretty sure that Basher, despite the lack of purple font as is the norm on this board, was speaking in a sarcastic tone.

My conclusion is drawn by the final punctuating statement that you cut out from your reply, which is very revealing into the intent of his post:

I was happy we were able to get our out-of-town friends in for their first Burt show, but that feeling was quickly dashed when we got inside.

Yeah' date=' the promoter did an EXCELLENT job with this show. What an incredible venue with zero safety concerns, competent staff, ample supply and easy access to fluids, pristine sound, well co-ordinated entry, and easily letting people come in and out to get fresh air.

[/quote']

Basher, what are you talking about? Every single point you make is the complete opposite of what I experienced

i think velvet forgot to put on his glasses this morning ;)

il_340x270.355092052_25km.jpg

Edited by Guest

...and finally, the absolute worst entry I think I have ever seen to a ticketed event. Particularly with regard to the entry it was seriously hard to believe the promoter had ever done this before.

Can you explain this part a little more?

After sweating balls in the line for about an hour we decided to fuck off and have great times elsewhere. Too bad we missed BNB but seemed pretty clear we woulda found it a sweaty, claustrophobic nightmare inside with no way out. I'm guessing things mighta been smoother had Phish not cancelled...maybe..(that said I had zero doubts the promoter had peoples safety at the bottom of the list of concerns)too bad we missed you Aaron!

Edited by Guest

I think there were likely a lot of factors that put a few bumps in the road.

I for one had an amazing time at BNB and was extremely thankful that the show was able to go on in any capacity as it was also tentative. I agree that it was possibly the hottest venue I have ever been in...but I didn't have any trouble getting beer (lack of selection, but meh they were cold), or water. I was able to get outside for set break. They did get a little intense about rushing us back in, but I was able to accomplish what I set out for. From where I was which was right up front from start to finish I thought the sound was decent...maybe I was too stoked or had too much pent up energy to be overly critical...

Danced my ass off and it was greatly satisfying. I can't imagine how dismal the night would have felt if BNB hadn't happened.

Sorry Basher - I knew one of us musta been crazy. Glad it was me.

Ollie:

There was a huge line outside to get in. If the line was moving it was moving at an imperceptable pace.

No two staff members were approaching the situation the same; everyone was on their own it seemed. The lineup included people with tix, people with will-call, and people without tix. All calls to create different lines were ignored.

Ultimately I grab a dude and tell him, hey, we have tickets, how the hell are we gonna get in. He looks at me, looks at the line and says, How many are you. I say Three and he says Follow me.

So three of us follow him to the door. Dude at the door tells my security dude Take those people and put them back in line. My dude and door dude discuss it, door dude looks the other way and we scurry in.

That's when the real surprise hit me: I thought the place was empty and they were waiting to let people in. We walked in and the place is almost full. How did all these people get in here? Another door? They were in when we arrived? What's going to happen to all the people outside waiting to get in?

I suspect the show was at least a financial success, which for some may have meant the show was a complete success.

The line-up was a complete debacle. I did feel particularly sorry for you Ottawa peeps, and anyone else who travelled a significant difference. I only had an hour and a half drive, complete grid lock cab ride that I eventually abandoned and opted for a 40 min trek in the heat instead. The victory beer once we finally arrived never tasted so good...until about five minutes into it and that's when I got the word. Felt like a kick to the stomach. I can only imagine throwing a bunch more hours of travel into the mix. Sorry to hear that your Burt experience didn't help soften the blow.

Sorry to hear that your Burt experience didn't help soften the blow.

Oh, it did, don't get me wrong. I'm glad the show went on as planned, though I suspect part of the reason it did was because concerns of the repercussions in case of rolling blackouts were brushed off. Imagine if that room went black midway through second set. It would make me happy to find that I am completely wrong about that.

I had no interest in posting in this thread but when I completely missed Basher's obvious sarcasm I felt something had to be said about the lackluster professionalism in staging such a big event.

Not a huge deal, a good time was had and everyone that was friends before is still friends now.

I will admit...and a complete "blind spot" on my part, I did not even think about "what if the power went out" prior to heading in there and once inside. That could have gone way bad. Admittedly I was too focused on wishing and hoping and willing the show to happen, and just rolled with it from there.