Jambands.ca

Just Back From Molson Amp - Bummer :-(

Marcust99

I just rolled in after a LONG wait in traffic to get on the highway due to the traffic lights all being out on Lakeshore Blvd (road to get to venue). We were waiting at the gate to get in when at approx 6:20 I see Phish's head of security John Langenstein approach the gates. I knew this was not going to be good, esp since it was past the 6:00pm doors open time. John said they worked all day to try to make it work but apparently the situation is that it's "not safe for the show to go on". Rescheduled for July 22 which is the very next day after the three night Chicago run ends.

A friend of a friend who was inside the venue already (friends with band) said that the concession areas were still drenched with water and the lawn was just a puddle. As well, due to the lack of (stable) power in the area due to the rolling blackouts happening due to the storm, I don't think they could count on an adequate supply of power.

People were BUMMED and I know of several folks who have flown in for the show, not to mention the ones that had driven up from the US. I feel for them.

My questions:

1. Why did they wait so late? City Of Toronto declared rolling blackouts late morning saying they were " hanging by a thread".

2. If the venue was still such a mess, wouldn't that also have been a dead giveaway to bag it?

Seems like a real rookie maneuver to pull the plug at the 11th hour.

Ironic thing was it was sunny and warm out. a Gorgeous night for the show. Bummer.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked out well for me. Dude on here mailed me a ticket and he was hoping it would reach me before the show. It didn't so now I have a second chance to catch a Phish this summer.

It's a real shame they didn't make it known earlier. I met a bunch of people at TURF that had come up from the U.S. and must be pretty pissed right now.

Wow! That really sucked. I feel very bad for all the folks who traveled and won't be able to attend the make up date.

We were pre-gaming at a buddy's place when we got the news. He texted me a few minutes before the cancellation to tell me that it looked like the smallest crowd he had ever seen at a Phish show.

I can only imagine the make up date is going to be a very intimate show.

It was great to see so many old friends come together. Phish is a good excuse to meet up and party. I'm still a bit pissed the show was cancelled but I'm excited to see the make up date on the 22nd.

Wow! That really sucked. I feel very bad for all the folks who traveled and won't be able to attend the make up date.

Appreciated.

I do think we deserve more of an explanation than "transportation and public safety issues." I don't doubt for a second that they tried everything in their power for as long as they possibly could in order to make this show happen, but it would be nice to know what the specific issues were. "Transportation issues" is especially confusing, given that it was very easy to drive right into the city and there was nothing preventing people from reaching the venue (we cabbed it until we were relatively close, then got out and walked).

I know that postponing the show was done out of necessity and not a choice, but one vague sentence doesn't cut it by way of explanation.

A day late, a dollar short.

They should have made the call early in the day if not the night before. A lot of people wasted a lot of money and time for them to not make up their minds until the last possible moment.

Things heard on lot:

"We're going to go back to Buffalo sometime tonight- but my whole crew dosed right before the announcement."

There's an all day metal show at Molson today called "MayhemFest" or something. Acc to the Molson Amp Twitter, this show is a go today and will run "all stages on temp power" and the lawn will be closed.. So there's def still a power issuu and with the lawn being closed, I'm sure it's soaked and that was the "safety issue" with people slipping...

Bummer indeed!

A friend of mine had just got off the bus at Union station and was walking by the corner of Front & John at about 6:20pm, and Big Red himself ran right by him decked out in full jogging gear.

Are you being sarcastic? This was last night right before the show got canned?

I was pissed to see those lights lighting up the CN Tower last night after they cancelled. They're telling everybody in Toronto to turn their a/c to the highest temp and they still lit that F*%#er up! B.S.

Edited by Guest

I was pissed to see those lights lighting up the CN Tower last night after they cancelled. They're telling everybody in Toronto to turn their a/c to the highest temp and they still lit that F*%#er up! B.S.

i thought that was to tell birds and aircraft that there's a fucking tower in the way.

Sorry, it's all my fault. Console went down hard Tuesday morning postponing session for four hours. I had to give my tickets away but when Phish found out that I couldn't make it, they pulled the plug.

Sorry doods....

Shoulda guessed it was all your fault! ;) We still had such a nice and fun time in Toronto. Viva Toronto! Man I feel bad though for all those people still experiencing power outages in this heat..yikes. :(

i thought that was to tell birds and aircraft that there's a fucking tower in the way.

I'm not talking about the white flashing lights, I'm talking about the "decoration" lights that make the "fucking" tower blue and green and red at night.

I'm not talking about the white flashing lights, I'm talking about the "decoration" lights that make the "fucking" tower blue and green and red at night.

You'll have to excuse bouche. He doesn't live in Toronto and he has no idea what he's talking about.

I'm not talking about the white flashing lights' date=' I'm talking about the "decoration" lights that make the "fucking" tower blue and green and red at night.

[/quote']

You'll have to excuse bouche. He doesn't live in Toronto and he has no idea what he's talking about

careful, New Rider might interpret that as defending someone Ollie. :bonghit:

I saw casey's photo and kinda figured the lights are more than a decoration.

g0gdchs.jpg