Jambands.ca

Just Back From Molson Amp - Bummer :-(

Marcust99

I'd bet the power requirements for lighting the LED's wasn't even an issue for the hydro network.

http://www.cntower.ca/en-CA/Plan-Your-Visit/Attractions/Night-Lighting.html

The LED technology installed at the CN Tower is designed to achieve excellent performance standards and with its intended use is expected to last in excess of 10 years, requiring minimal fixture replacement and maintenance. Unlike conventional lighting systems, the new system will not require frequent replacement and disposal of light bulbs. LEDs radiate little to no heat, they do not emit ultraviolet (UV) radiation or (IR) infrared which makes them ideal for illuminating areas at the Tower without degration such as the radome and other sensitive areas.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have made the call early in the day if not the night before. A lot of people wasted a lot of money and time for them to not make up their minds until the last possible moment.

totally. it sure seemed obvious to cancel the night before or morning of...but lots of people incurred flights, hotels, etc because they waited until just one hour before the show?!

just got home now. mostly i'm just sad that i can't go to the make-up show on the 22nd :( which is going to rage obviously. had a really fun night regardless and it was great to see everyone and catch up and drink beers until morning. thanks to BNB for playing!

Edited by Guest

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the show was cancelled because the city inspector's told them the show could not go on. I can't imagine it was high on the city's list of priorities for the day. There's no point to blaming Phish or their organization for any of what happened.

Edited by Guest

That Star article is written by one of our own. I've been to a few festivals out East (Shoreline 05 and Evolve 06) with Andrew.

I think the one point he missed is that Phish fans only blamed the city after CK5 tweeted this:

@phish had to cancel tonight's show as per the orders of city hall. Power outages and weather. Sorry gang, we were ready to go. #wewereready

One of the few things about Phish that's always bugged me is the lack of 'banter' on stage. So many shows go by without a "thank you", "nice to see you", "have a great night", etc.

Unless it's gone unmentioned, nothing was said about Toronto at last night's show. I think they owe us a quick "sorry about last night" from the stage. Most of the people affected by the cancellation were either at last night's show or will be listening to it.

All that we've had from the band is one very formal announcement, and I think it's fucking rude. It really looks like the don't give a shit.

I have to disagree with you on that, skelt

The headiest of us know exactly how the band feels about having to cancel and the headierest are completely and philosophically against any stage banter whatsoever.

I happen to know that Heady Epic walked out of a show once, ripping up his ticket, when Trey started prattling on about his new Languedoc

And that's what enabled Big Red to be out for a jog in downtown Toronto around the time of the announcement. Nice sleuthing. I'm guessing the next coupla hours were spent trying to figure out the rescheduled date....?

Edited by Guest