Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
Marcust99

Phish Fall Tour Dates

Sounds like they crushed it tonight.

Setlist Phish: Tue, Oct 29, 2013

The Santander Arena, Reading, PA

Set 1: Cars Trucks Buses, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Ginseng Sullivan, Wolfman's Brother, Sparkle, Walk Away, Divided Sky, Split Open and Melt[1] > Julius

Set 2: Down with Disease[2] > Taste, Twenty Years Later > Piper > Backwards Down the Number Line, You Enjoy Myself, Grind

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room > Reba, Good Times Bad Times

Phish is my favorite band.

I love Phish with every ounce of my being, and nothing will ever be able to approach the feeling of being at those shows I was at from the Great Went to Big Cypress. I still would probably rather be at a Phish show than just about any other show.

But I can't dig too much on the new tunes. Ocelot and Alaska are the only 3.0 songs that I genuinely enjoy.

My main problems are:

a) Trey's guitar tone; what's with the treble, rebel? Gone are the liquid days of the hose. And would it kill you to throw a spacey loop out every once in a while for old times sakes?

B) Vocals are cringe, brah. Lyrics and execution. This is why people new to Phish think I/we am/are barking mad for liking this band. For serious. I remember playing Rift to a music teacher friend of mine back in 96 or so and him saying then "I just can't get past the Kermit the Frog vocals". That was a studio album! And a pretty cool one from when they were singing pretty good! Things have deteriorated from there.

Phish is my favorite band! And I hope they keep playing for a long time. But yes, I was horrified last night. I feel sad saying that. I hope they are having fun though. I am going to listen to last night again and give it a fair shake. No matter what I'll keep doing couch tour and hopefully seeing a show every year or so if they tour.

I'm just glad they didn't ruin Huey Lewis & The News "Sports" like they ruined "Exile" for me.

phew... Phish playing new material. No thanks. I'm glad some enjoy it. I can't remember a song in the last 10 years they've put out that I enjoyed. Maybe I need a new drug. That or I'm aging terribly like Booche

:surprise:

Excellent???

If by excellent you mean another foray into displaying their recent ineptitude to write a great song, then yes, it was excellently outstanding.

Ah, isn't wonderful to be able to express differences in opinion?

I watched the webcast and I thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd set. I'm looking forward to rocking to the new songs at the next show I attend. I'll be the one dancing like Abe Vigoda.

Ah, isn't wonderful to be able to express differences in opinion?

no! ... um, no, i mean, yes! no! wait. what?

I watched the webcast and I thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd set. I'm looking forward to rocking to the new songs at the next show I attend. I'll be the one dancing like Abe Vigoda.

we had a room full of youngsters who had no idea who abe vigoda is. i also liked the new songs.