Jambands.ca

Willie Watson (of Old Crow fame)

c-towns

I still think something went down that we don't know about, I can't see him just leaving to persue a solo career. He moved to California, where as far as I can see, he has no roots. Seems weird to me.

Agreed. If I recall correctly, the wording of the statement at the time was "OCMS has decided to part ways with Willie Watson," which sounds to me like he may have gotten the boot for one reason or another.

Regardless, I'm happy to see him playing. I loved his harmonies in OCMS.

They've seemed to do a pretty good job of keeping the specifics under their hats, which is probably best. I like it when bands do that. Like when Shonna and Neff left the Truckers a day before their New Years run last year, they just wished them luck.

This is the best I could find in about the 10 minutes of effort I put into it (my max attention span for most things lol).

Out is key member Willie Watson, who decided to start a solo career after creative differences within the band.

My guess... booze, Critter said something like "I quit, why don't you too" to which Willy replied "Go Fuck yourself you asshole."

Edited by Guest

• 5 months later...

Dave Rawlings Machine’s barnstorming 2013 lineup is back for six nights only this summer. Gillian Welch, John Paul Jones, Willie Watson and Paul Kowert will join Dave Rawlings for an evening of distinctive picking, high lonesome songs and many other high caliber acoustic entertainments.

Wed 6/18 – Boulder, CO – Boulder Theater – ON SALE NOW

Fri 6/20 – Telluride, CO – Telluride Bluegrass Festival – SOLD OUT

Tue 6/24 – Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater – ON SALE NOW

Wed 6/25 – St. Louis, MO – The Sheldon – ON SALE NOW

Thu 6/26 – Louisville, KY – Brown Theatre – ON SALE NOW

Fri 6/27 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium – ON SALE NOW

Willie also has a ton of other solo gigs coming up