Jambands.ca

Dave Matthews Forms Supergroup with Jakob Dylan (Brian Blade content)

DevO

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dave-matthews-forms-supergroup-with-jakob-dylan-20131216

Dave Matthews Forms Supergroup with Jakob Dylan

The Nauts also feature Bob Dylan guitarist Charlie Sexton, among others

By Kory Grow

December 16, 2013 1:20 PM ET

A jam project featuring Dave Matthews, Jakob Dylan, Bob Dylan guitarist Charlie Sexton, his brother Bill and drummer Brady Blade has evolved into an official group named the Nauts, according to Mix. The band is currently self-producing its debut album at Blade Studios, which the drummer co-owns, in Shreveport, Louisiana.

The website for Unscene! – an arts events series that takes place each month in Shreveport – contains a bio page for the Nauts, featuring copy from the Mix article. Consequence of Sound, which spotted the bio, suggests the band may make its live debut at an Unscene! concert.

Meanwhile, Matthews told Rolling Stone last month that he was working on a new Dave Matthews Band album with producer Rob Cavallo. He said his group has already been playing some of the upcoming album's songs "for a long time" at its concerts but that he is still challenging himself in the studio. "I'm just trying to come up with something that doesn't sound like the past," he said at one point. "Whenever I start messing around in the studio, I start writing, so hopefully we can come up with something worth listening to."

This month, the Dave Matthews Band played Johannesburg, South Africa, where the artist was born, as well as a tour of South America. Matthews doesn't have anything else on his schedule between those dates and an Australian tour in April, which could give him plenty of time to record with his own band, the Nauts and Sesame Street character Grover.