Jambands.ca

And the 2015 Juno Awards go to....

DevO

.... THE HAMMER!

2015-Announcement_web-banner_600x330_update.jpg

http://junoawards.ca/2015-juno-awards/

HAMILTON TO HOST THE 2015 JUNO AWARDS

CANADA’S MUSIC AWARDS WILL MARCH TO THE BEAT OF STEELTOWN

HAMILTON, Ontario (January 9, 2014) — The JUNO Awards “road trip†is heading back to southern Ontario as The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) and broadcast partner CTV, announced today that Hamilton will host The 2015 JUNO Awards and JUNO Week celebrations, March 9-15. The 44th annual JUNO Awards will be broadcast on CTV from Copps Coliseum on Sunday, March 15, 2015.

JUNO Week 2015 will touch down on the province through the combined efforts of the Province of Ontario and the City of Hamilton. The JUNO Awards return to Hamilton after the success of THE 2001 JUNO Awards; previous stops to the city include 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1999.

“Bringing the JUNO Awards back to Hamilton offers the opportunity to further support and develop the city and province’s vibrant music scene,†said Melanie Berry, President & CEO, CARAS/The JUNO Awards. “We are very excited to return to the venue that was our first arena show and the first time fans had access to a live JUNO Awards experience.â€

“Hamilton is renowned for having some of the best fans in the country,†said Phil King, President, CTV, Sports, and Entertainment Programming. “We look forward to spotlighting Hamilton and sharing the infectious spirit of its hometown crowd with viewers across the country.â€

“Ontario continues to climb the international music charts, gaining recognition as a premier destination for performing and producing great artists and music experiences,†said The Honourable Michael Chan, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport. “We are proud to partner with the JUNO Awards to turn up the volume on Ontario’s incredible industry and creative communities like Hamilton in a celebration of the finest talents in Canadian music.â€

Hamilton is located on Lake Ontario, and is home to major attractions including the CFL’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats, the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, the Royal Botanical Gardens and the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. 2013 JUNO winners from Hamilton include Monster Truck, Steve Strongman, Elliott Brood and The City Harmonic.

The JUNO Awards history dates back to 1970 when the inaugural Gold Leaf Awards were held in Toronto as an industry awards event. In 1971, it became recognized as the JUNO Awards in honour of Pierre Juneau, the first chairman of the Canadian Radio-Television Commission (CRTC). Today, the JUNO Awards have evolved from a one-day awards event to a weeklong celebration featuring events that attract thousands of music fans from across the country and abroad.

From 2007 to 2013 the JUNO Awards have created a total economic impact of almost $78 million, including $14 million for The 2011 JUNO Awards in Toronto and $11 million for the 2012 JUNO Awards in Ottawa.

Sponsors of the 2015 JUNO Awards include FACTOR, Canada’s Private Radio Broadcasters and The Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage’s “Canada Music Fund,†Radio Starmaker Fund, the Province of Ontario, the City of Hamilton and TD Bank Group.

Hamilton, isn't that the place where their CFL team, won't even play in their own city?

No seriously though, my wife asked me the other day to kiss her in that dirty place.... so I took her to Hamilton and kissed her cheek.

just jokin', I have lots of love for Hamilton... kinda

I'll bite. Can't think of many Canadian cities off the top of my head that have the vibe, culture, passion, diversity of experience for the taking, all while remaining relatively affordable, than Hamilton. Even the area's natural beauty is a force to be reckoned with. Its grit is part of its appeal in my mind. I think overall it has been evolving in a positive direction and music has been a big part of that. I miss the Hammer and always enjoy coming home.

Guest Low Roller

I will agree that Hamilton is extremely rife for real estate investment opportunities right now. The GTA continues to spread like a virus, and I am now hearing the adorable new acronym GTHA to represent this area.

Also, the health care sector is thriving in Hamilton.

However I still have zero interest to be downtown at any point after sunset.

If I had to relocate to a GTHA city, I'd happily buy a house in downtown Hamilton, perhaps somewhere within walking distace of the GO station. The city is going through a major renaissance thanks to several up-and-coming cool neighbourhoods with positive street life; plus, nearby Dundas is a cool town. Hamilton has a great music legacy, especially for punk and blues, and is a perfect choice for the Junos.

• 2 weeks later...