Jambands.ca

New Orleans 2014 Jazzfest announcement

HMike

In other news the Allmans have been added to Lock'n Fest. Widespread was added yesterday with a new band announcement each day this week.

Phil Lesh and Friends at the Virginia fest is a lock(boooh !). Also look for Phil to play Vegas April 18-20 at Shapiro's new venue.

Look for Mountain Jam's initial lineup announcement tomorrow.

Edited by Guest

In other news the Allmans have been added to Lock'n Fest. Widespread was added yesterday with a new band announcement each day this week.

Phil Lesh and Friends at the Virginia fest is a lock(boooh !). Also look for Phil to play Vegas April 18-20 at Shapiro's new venue.

Look for Mountain Jam's initial lineup announcement tomorrow.

Jazzfest looks delicious, and I love that there is for sure a strong contingent of Phish fans taking angry exception to Christina Aguilera getting billing over them in that announcement.

The wrong weekend? Like the one with Springsteen and Arcade Fire? That can't be wrong.

I really don't get Arcade Fire. It's not them, it's me.

I'm very excited about Springsteen, and if I can possibly get out of this without sounding like a whiner I'll say that there are many, many acts on the first weekend that I would be very excited to see.

I really don't get Arcade Fire. It's not them, it's me.

I'm very excited about Springsteen, and if I can possibly get out of this without sounding like a whiner I'll say that there are many, many acts on the first weekend that I would be very excited to see.

too late ;)

i wouldn't get all that upset about not seeing Phish's 90 minute set of greatest hits. fun, sure. must see, nah.

Outkast have announced that they are playing every single music festival known to man this year. (except for Delfest, unless they learn how to play a banjo between now and May, they will show up and play there also)

Edited by Guest

velvet you always say you only go to phish for ck5. their set is going to be when it is still light out' date=' so no lights.[/quote']

Yes I go to the shows for CK5, but I don't care about the lights.

I just think CK5 is kind of cute.

Maybe they'll add Biebs for the night you are in town.

I have a friend that went to New Orleans last month. He was drugged and basically kidnapped, they tried to rob him and he ended up jumping out of a moving car. True story. According to the cops that's the type of shit that goes on down there. I've heard nothing but bad things from people that have visited NO over the last few years. Thorgnor, you are the first one I've heard that has liked their visit to NO. I saw on Nat Geo, that it's biggest tourist attraction is the cheap crack, and that a lot of people that are going there for a cheap crack vacay, are getting ripped off and sold fake crack. lol.

Edited by Guest

Wow. I did NOJF in 2011 and it was awesome. Amazing city, amazing music and culture and amazing festival. Not sure exactly what circumstances your friend was in that would have him end up being kidnapped. Yes the city certainly can be rough but like any city, a small amount of precaution and common sense will usually keep you safe.

I'm very excited to return to the city for this years festival. Right now I'm thinking first weekend.

I'm very suspicious of whatever evidence National Geographic uses to support the claim that cheap crack is the number one tourist attraction in New Orleans.

I was in NO about 17 years ago. At the time it was close to the being the murder capital of the States. It probably still is. We stayed in a motel in the French Quarter in July. It was freaking hot but it was low season then so it was cheap.

I met up with a friend who was born and raised there. She gave us tips on where not to go. She even went so far as telling us not to make eye contact with black people. I was shocked to hear that from an educated person! We don't hear that in Canada! We did go to a few areas she told us to stay away from, because of bars we wanted to visit, and I don't remember feeling unsafe.

I'd go again and would love to go the jazz festival one day. Wonderful city and wonderful countryside too. I figure it's possible to get in trouble in any city. Common sense is the key. I'd stay away from the Middle East right now, for example.