Jambands.ca

Toronto Urban Roots Festival ... July 4-6, 2014

DevO

http://torontourbanrootsfest.com/

Toronto Urban Roots Fest announces 2014 Lineup

Toronto Urban Roots Fest (TURF) will take place on Friday, July 4 to Sunday, July 6 at Garrison Commons outdoors at Historic Fort York in Downtown Toronto. The 2014 fest EXPANDS to THREE STAGES and now FORTY-FOUR artists. The 3-day lineup features headliners NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL and SAM ROBERTS BAND with guests GASLIGHT ANTHEM, GOGOL BORDELLO, VIOLENT FEMMES, LOCAL NATIVES, GARY CLARK JR, ANDREW BIRD, STEVE EARLE, JENNY LEWIS, BORN RUFFIANS, SHOVELS & ROPE and more…

A complete listing of all the artists announced are on the TURF Lineup page. Many more artists will be announced in the upcoming weeks.

This year the EAST and WEST stages will be scheduled with 10 minute breaks to make it easier to get food and bev in-between sets. The new SOUTH stage, which will be surrounded by amphitheatre-like grassy hills, will have longer changeover breaks. Two of the three stages will now be running at the same time giving everyone more musical choices throughout the weekend.

EARLYBIRD 3-day wristbands, EARLYBIRD 3 day VIP bracelets, and the new EARLYBIRD MASTER VIP, go on sale Thursday, February 27th at noon. Prices and links are listed on the TURF Ticketing page. EARLYBIRD pricing will only last for a month. If TURF does not sell out in advance, Single day concert tickets will go on sale in early April. At that time 3 Day, 3 Day VIP, and 3 Day Master will all increase in price.

LEE’S PALACE and The LEGENDARY HORSESHOE TAVERN will once again host AFTER HOURS BONUS SHOWS for a limited number of TURF artists including new pre-TURF concerts on Wednesday, July 2 and Thursday July 3rd, and post-TURF concerts at both venues on Monday, July 7. The CLUB BONUS SERIES will only be announced mid-April. You need a separate ticket for any of these shows (unless you buy a MASTER VIP) and they will only go on sale in late April/early May.

I think this lineup isn't half as good as last year. Maybe it's just me. I just saw Neutral Milk, Deer Tick I've seen a ton of times... I was really expecting something like Drive-By Truckers. Or another band that would bring in a diverse crowd.

And who the fuck is Sam Roberts? Why are they a headliner? Did I miss a meeting?

Just wait until the final acts are added and the daily schedules are issued. I bet this makes way more sense then.

If you sort of group all of the bands by sub genre now, the way they did last year- and it looks pretty good already.

Sam Roberts get this festival lots of visibility on the plethora of Toronto rock stations.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...