Jambands.ca

RIP Harold Ramis

Esau.

Harold Ramis was one of Hollywood’s most successful comedy filmmakers when he moved his family from Los Angeles back to the Chicago area in 1996. His career was still thriving, with "Groundhog Day" acquiring almost instant classic status upon its 1993 release and 1984's "Ghostbusters" ranking among the highest-grossing comedies of all time, but the writer-director wanted to return to the city where he’d launched his career as a Second City performer.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story

He was head writer for SCTV in the beginning (season 1 & 2 1976-78) and was in 28 episodes. SCTV was off air for year and after that Ramis, Candy & O'Hara dropped out. Dave Thomas took over head writer after that.

My favorite character of his on SCTV has always been Moe Green.

Funny fuckin guy that's for sure.

Crushing. For my generation, losing a Ghostbuster is like losing a Beatle. Ramis provided me with so many of the greatest laughs my life has ever known. Would Bill Murray be Bill Murray without Harold Ramis pushing him? Something you will want to think about.

I don't think I ever saw him in an episode........

Stay in school kids.