Jambands.ca

Stupid Rogers Sportsnet

hamilton

Has anyone else noticed that Sportsnet pretty much skips every face-off all game long? After every whistle, it seems like they go to a replay (or an infographic, or just a fucking shot of a guy sitting on the bench) and by the time they come back the play is already well underway? TSN does this far less frequently, and CBC almost never does. Good thing that Rogers is about to control all the broadcast rights, despite not showing a key component of the game. Can you imagine if they had football broadcast rights? They'd probably skip showing the snaps.

I think it's time to start a mass emailing complaint campaign. I mean, seriously, what the fuck? Last week, I counted 14 face-offs that I saw in the first two periods of the Leafs/Islanders game. When I checked Sportsnet's own box score page for the game, there had been 38 face-offs at that point.

You suck, Rogers.

I'm not on Rogers but my friend Geordie is, and I watch a lot of hockey at his place. He's got the bigger TV. I didn't notice it was face offs per se, just that the camera work seemed odd and what appeared late to the play. I shrugged it off as me missing something, or having a flashback.

Disappointed to learn it wasn't a flashback.

I'm *assuming* that it's not just Leafs games; if it is, then maybe they just have someone with really slow reaction times in the control room. Most of the non-Leafs games I watch are usually on other networks, so I can't do a proper comparison.

I've noticed that they tend to show more face-offs in the back half of the third period of close-scoring games because of the importance of those draws being won, but I can't fathom why they aren't showing all of them.

Last night's game against Columbus cut back from a replay so late that the live play had already been whistled dead and the refs were going to the war room to see if the puck had crossed the line before the net came off its moorings. Grrr....