Jambands.ca

More Drive-By Truckers

NewRider

I've been trying to get a club show for DBT because a 70 min set at TURF is just not enough rock show for me.

After an exhausting month of trying to find someone to pay for the band I am pleased to announce...

DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS @ THE STARLIGHT - WATERLOO

FRIDAY JULY 4TH

Is Wes Freed going to do a poster for the show? If he does, I want one. Have I mentioned you're effing awesome? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. It's going to be a sell out, congrats man. You must be really proud of yourself. Good on ya! Planning on an opening act?

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got to see the new songs live last week in NOLA and it was quite enjoyable. The crowd was subdued, the theater felt too big for them and was undersold, although it was a very nice space.

I had been considering seeing a few more shows this summer if it really raged, but think I'll stick to the Ottawa show. Although I know I would really enjoy seeing them at Higher Ground (or the Starlight)! But, funds are low.

Funny aside - we ran into the bass player in a bar on Frenchmen St. later that night. We were loaded. He kept tagging along with us for some reason and we finally put him in a cab at 7 am.

The Starlight in Waterloo holds 300 people.

This one will be one sweaty rock n' roll party.

No opener' date=' it's An Evening with Drive-By Truckers [/quote']

i'm betting you don't even make it up the stairs and into the show before getting kicked out

Aawwwww SHIT! There's stairs?!

Last time they played at the starlight I was hard into the triple rum and cokes. I was really drunk. I know eventually my wife got me into the car and two hours later she was kicking me and saying angrily "you're home, get out of the car"

Last time they played at the starlight I was hard into the triple rum and cokes. I was really drunk. I know eventually my wife got me into the car and two hours later she was kicking me and saying angrily "you're home, get out of the car"

Last time Shonna was so wasted by the end of the night she could barely stand. Awesome!

• 1 month later...