Jambands.ca

Bluesfest 2014

AD

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty bad lineup. worthy of getting a pass nope, but there are a few things i may go to

Violent Femmes(for nostalgia sake. Grew up on them)

Drive by Truckers. Patterson Hood always delivers

Bombino has pretty tight grooves. Worth checking out

JJ Grey & Mofro always a great time.

Dr. Hook feat. Ray Sawyer. Classic

Dave Mason’s Traffic Jam. classic

St. Vincent

Jeff Tweedy

Andrew Bird

Gogol Bordello

Pink Mountaintops

Deer Tick

Brett Dennen

Gary Clark Jr.

Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue

John Mayall

Matt Andersen

Pokey Lafarge

Agreed that this looks like the weakest overall lineup to date but it's still worth getting a pass for me. $199 over 10 days is still only $20 a day. Pretty sure I can find at least one act on each day I'd pay that much to see and some I'd have to pay a lot more.

Oh I'm sure that will all be added

Outside of Jenny Lewis I'm not excited about any of this. Sure it will be great to see Deltron, Truckers and Deer Tick again but where the fuck are:

Spoon

Eminem

Arctic Monkeys

Modest Mouse

Beck

Jack White

Outkast

The Replacements

The Hold Steady

Neutral Milk Hotel

Portugal the Man

Boy & Bear

Gaslight Anthem

Ray Lamontagne

Man Man

Local Natives

White Denim

Jason Isbell

Head and the Heart

Broken Bells

Avett Brothers

Blitzen Trapper

Band of Horses

Nick Cave

Foster the People

Chromeo

They're all touring heavily this summer for fuck sake!

Since I won't be attending I suppose it's pointless to make this. But if I was going make the journey, I guess this would be who I wouldn't want to miss. I imagine there are a couple others I'm missing or not familiar with I'd be interested in, but for sure these.

Drive-By Truckers

Elvin Bishop

Shovels & Rope

Violent Femmes

John Mayall

Jeff Tweedy

Gary Clark Jr.

Black Joe Lewis

Sugar Ray & The Bluetones

The only reason I'm not massively disappointed is the fact that Bluesfest can no longer disappoint me, I just don't expect them to hit a bunch of home runs anymore.

That said, there's more than enough potential for a great 5 day pass or if the stars align and most of the shit I want to see falls on 3 days then even better. Still, the headliners are pretty weak with no big wow booking and there's a lot good acts that are touring that didn't get booked.

edit: I'm pretty happy about the Violent Femmes booking, they put on a great show

Edited by Guest
mitigated spite

That said, there's more than enough potential for a great 5 day pass or if the stars align and most of the shit I want to see falls on 3 days then even better.

There is no 5-day pass option this year. Was there last year? I think there was.

My co-worker was excited when she was me this morning. Couldn't wait to tell me she's getting the full pass this year...she's a country music fan and there are big country acts this year, according to her.

Freaker's wish list is basically the Osheaga lineup.

I love Osheaga but I don't think that lineup is saturated enough to justify the cost (not a massive knock, it's just a pricey pass buuuuuut that's the free market and they sell plenty of passes) and again, there's enough talent that if it lines up it could make for a great day. Just my opinion, but they've had stronger lineups. A little top light like bluesfest but at least they booked a broad spectrum of interesting acts and no matter what Osheage is a slick weekend.

For ROI i think TURF is pretty solid at this point.