Jambands.ca

Bluesfest 2014

AD

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah here at work all people want to talk about is how there's no blues at Bluesfest. I feel like these people are stuck in a time warp from 10 years ago. It's the same conversation every year.

Those people don't respect the power branding. Why aren't the same people complaining about it officially being called the RBC Ottawa Bluesfest or TD Ottawa Jazz Festival? Remember when it was Cisco Systems Ottawa Bluesfest? I'm just surprised Facebook isn't throwing all of their money into sponsoring music festivals and getting their name on the banners, flyers, t-shirts etc.

“I am a big proponent of trying to keep the prices as low as possible. It’s $199 for the early-bird pass, some would say that is expensive, it’s about $20 per day. I would say it is cheap, and some might find it expensive,â€

that's monahan in the above linked article.

on that point he is correct. Osheaga is $250 for one weekend (although, I'd rather spend the $250 on that festival than Bluesfest).

Yeah here at work all people want to talk about is how there's no blues at Bluesfest.

Here's a fun game you can try ... ask them what they think of John Mayall playing Bluesfest. Bask in the blank looks.

Wouldn't work. They're not interested in actual conversation, just their "Blues"-fest circle jerk. It's like a live reddit discussion.

Well that sucks. At least there might be Creemore tallboys.

Betcha they will always sell out of those though! I am so disappointed in this. I wonder why they went to back to Molson. I loved the Cobblestone cans last year. Well now I don't know what to do...a pass, or no pass? I know, it's just beer right? Maybe I can try to win a pass on the radio...congrats Phorbesie, that's great!!

Wouldn't work. They're not interested in actual conversation, just their "Blues"-fest circle jerk. It's like a live reddit discussion.

I made a connection between "People that complain about the name BLUESFEST" and "People that have never gone to BLUESFEST"

I made a connection between "People that complain about the name BLUESFEST" and "People that have never gone to BLUESFEST"

I complained about the name at one time, when it moved on from blues music, but I've grown not to care anymore. I have been to it however, at three different locations. Major Hill, The Flats & Confederation Park.

:chug:

It just worked out, myself and a few friends stopped going to GD shows in 93 (Buffalo last show) and to fill the void we dedicated our time to a lot blues music, mainly in SoOn, especially Toronto - but a friend I toured with had a brother living in Hull during the 90s. Free place to stay + bluesfest seemed like a no brainer.

[edit to add]

It's been over a decade since I've attended though.

Edited by Guest

I complained about the name at one time, when it moved on from blues music, but I've grown not to care anymore. I have been to it however, at three different locations. Major Hill, The Flats & Confederation Park.

:chug:

well that throws off my pie-chart.