Jambands.ca

CTMF Aug 29-31

boiler

This old timer is excited to be a part of the Labour Day weekend festival, as the lineup is looking pretty awesome. I'm in for a night for sure. Check out the lineup with additional bands added:

Anthony Damaio
B.A. Johnson
Caution Jam
Conor Gains Band
Diesel Dog
Fat Cats
Flat 5
Ghost Town Orchestra
Gypsy Ghosts
Hachey the MouthPEACE
House of David Gang
Ivory Hours
Jayden
Lower Ground
Kevin Breit with Sisters Euclid
Mark Wilson & The Way It Is
Neu Tone Voigt
Paul Agriesti
Psychedelicatessin
Stephen Lewis
Stumbleweed
Tear Away Tusa
The Boogie Infection
The Enablers
The Jackets
The Name Droppers
Will Ross Band

Cheers, Mark

Anyone come across any additional info on who is playing when?  Particularly curious when Kevin Breit is playing after all the love you guys have given him on here...  There's a few others I'm particularly interested in but I won't single any more out

A little story about Kevin Breit I heard from my brother who lives in the same town as him (Elora). I guess there is this other really great guitar player in Elora who was quoted as saying "I used to be considered one of the top classical guitar players in the world, now I'm just the second best guitar player on my street."

Words can't really describe just how good this guy is. He's probably the most innovative/experimental guitar player I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. I saw him play a few years back at one of the nufunk shows, it was like 10 bucks in a small almost empty bar. He just setup with an amp and a tuning pedal and created more sounds out of his guitar than I even thought was possible.

I saw him play a few years back at one of the nufunk shows, it was like 10 bucks in a small almost empty bar. He just setup with an amp and a tuning pedal and created more sounds out of his guitar than I even thought was possible.

Was that at the Rivoli, March, 2010? I saw him the night before with Folk Alarm, and he had a big chain of pedals, so I was really surprised the Euclid show was un-effected. (I was also blown away by him and his bands, both nights.)

Aloha,

Brad

I don't think that was it that time. It was in some bar on the east side, maybe even Scarborough. If I remember correctly it was a trio that night billed as Kevin Breit solo.

I used to go see the sisters play at the orbit room on Mondays from time to time also.