Jambands.ca

Bob Weir & Ratdog Cancel Tour

edger

They haven't really said anything about the Furthur show at lock'n though. I think the assumption out there right now is that something is going on with Bobby but whatever it is I hope everybody is going to come through it ok. Lock'n has offered refunds but with the lineup they have, Rat Dog was only a small part of it. If Furthur has to cancel also, that would be a big deal for a lot of folks.

I see I messed up on the thread title too which I also can't seem to edit.  I'm dumb 

I thought that was an intentional title.  Bobby Weird is my favorite name for the guy ;)   You should be able to edit the title.  I'd enabled personal edits.  Is there no edit link at the bottom of your original post?

I was hoping you were going to enlighten me ;) and let me know if there's any inside scoop on Chris Robinson Brotherhood salvaging any of their many gigs that have been cancelled as a result.  So far they have not even acknowledged the cancellation or made any sort of statement... I'm assuming that means they are scrambling

Well Peach Fest has announced their replacement of Bobby on the Friday night:

Trey Band is now playing both nights and there will also be a Dead set involving Jeff Chimenti, Joe Russo, Jackie Greene, Reed Mathis, Tom Hamilton,  Scott Metzger.  I'd say they did incredibly well given the short notice. 

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/122436/Tim-Flannery-Shares-Note-From-Bob-Weir-About-Condition

Thnx, I'm doing fine, just a bit too much work and especially travel. This year has been especially busy; I've put in more miles in the first six months than I normally do in a year. Taking some time off, which I haven't done in 50 years...

Cheers,

Weir

Aloha,

Brad

Joan Osborne has been added to the Dead Set.  I personally think that will end up being a highlight on the weekend.  I love me some Jackie Greene and  am annoyed with myself for the utter lack of clarity I had by the time I saw him perform late night at Mountain Jam a while back....ooops. By all other accounts I thoroughly enjoyed it though. 

• 2 months later...