Jambands.ca

Guest Low Roller

Man U losing to Swansea at home... Ouch. I can't imagine anyone saw that one happening. This should be a fun shitshow to watch this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of Roy Keane's autobiography highlights:

'I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie (Savage) wasn't in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: 'Yeah, yeah, he's lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.'' Keane explains. 'Robbie's legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us, with his long hair, and give us a lift - the way Yorkie (Dwight Yorke) had, a big personality in the dressing room.robbie_savage-460x346.jpg

'Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie's mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: 'Hi, it's Robbie - whazzup!' like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: 'I can't be f**king signing that.'"

Keane also details his concerns over the dressing room music at Sunderland, with the players' pre-match preparations not meeting his expectations.

'It might seem strange but you find out about characters when you look to see who's in charge of the music,' Keane continues.

'A young lad might want to put on the latest sound; an older player might say: 'I'm the senior player' and put himself in charge. But I noticed none of the (Sunderland) players were in charge of the music and this was a concern for me. 'A member of staff was in charge. I was looking at him thinking: 'I hope someone nails him here.' The last song before the players went on to the pitch was 'Dancing Queen' by Abba.

'What really worried me was that none of the players - not one - said: 'Get that s**t off.' They were going out to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. 'You've got to hit people at pace. F**kin' 'Dancing Queen.' It worried me. I didn't have as many leaders as I thought.'

edit to add:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...