Jambands.ca

For the win!

Guest Low Roller

I'm pulling a Mr Big Time and calling bullshit on both of those. You were under the age of 10. We all know how your childhood memories work Mr Goalie Freak. You recall other things that connected to both of those moments but somehow you have recreated a 'live' moment in your brain only helped by Youtube and other replays of the event.

Guest Low Roller

Just started off with a couple of big win moments. Why don't you stop bitching and start contributing.

And yes, I completely remember the Skrudland OT marker.

HAL! Love that Miller one. I cant believe how much I once loved the NBA and how utterly unwatchable I find it nowadays. I am hoping a Raptors team can eventually bring me back but the self-aggrandizing nature of the professional level disgusts me. It went over the top with Tracey McGrady leaving Toronto and since then I have had a very difficult time being able to get back on board. 

Anywho...........watch this you bunch of dicks. I had a VHS of this fight back in the old Apartment days when DB and I lived together and this was a drunken staple because its actually epic. Not one of these "epic" things that the kids throw around these days wishing it is/was epic. No. This is the real deal.

I watched that Hagler-Hearns fight live on PPV at the infamous, late-and-not-great, Lakeview Manor in Kingston's Portsmouth Village, with Al Nishimura and Jeff Quinlan; my Dad was there too, but he didn't come with me. All this, including the incredible short-but-sweet fight, adds to one of my most memorable sports moments. Thanks for jogging my memory with that great post Andre! How old was Roller when that bout went down?

Hubert was at the manor tending to a little male curiosity, eh?

I remember him not wanting to watch the bout with us, which was a relief (note: the lady entertainers had the night off). Thankfully he was there with Mr. C and I think, some of the Kingston Boxing Club trainers. Dad had me watching boxing before I could walk, and thus I partially blame him for me thinking I had to watch ALL of last weekend's Bernard Hopkins' title-fight snoozefest.