Jambands.ca

Ottawa FolkFest becomes CityFolk, moves to Lansdowne

AD

Bouche had me fooled at the Carleton Tavern on Friday night. I had been a long time since I had seen him so we were catching up.

Me: "I'm quite impressed with the lineup for City folk festival"

Him: "Really? I thought it sucked" (accompanied by a convincing scowl)

Me (thinking has it really been that long since I've seen him?) "Why, who would you rather see?"

Him: "That DJ Zed who played at the bluesfest"

anyway he had me fooled for a minute, I really thought he was serious. Good times bouche!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That RavenLaw Stage is a huge mis-step for this new site. Terrible sound and ventilation and very small capacity. There were hundreds of people outside waiting to get in last night. If you want to see anything in that building you have to miss what's on the big stage to go stand in a lineup (without beer). They should switch the functions of the Aberdeen and Horticulture buildings.

agreed AD.  also the fact that you have to line up again to get OUT of the building to get scanned out before you go get scanned in to the main site again makes for too much waiting.

and the Aberdeen was completely dark inside and you couldn't even make out what the vendors were trying to sell!  they need some lighting in there!  i bought a chai and the guy making it was opening up his different containers and sniffing them to figure out what ingredients were in them because he couldn't see!

I really dug the new venue.  I found the aberdeen horticulture to be a potential source for disappointment for pass holders. Imagine being locked out of the second stage?  ouch.   A guy that I knew left the Avett's nearly 1/2 hour before they were done and still didn't get in the aberdeen horticulture until about 10 minutes after Wintersleep started.  It's a cool place to see a show, but as mentioned, the sound needs work. Also….it's hot like a goddamn greenhouse in there!

I'm looking forward to seeing St.Paul & the Broken Bones tonight, but that enjoyment may be affected by the sound.

There's photos and stuff from last night here:  http://www.blog.jambands.ca/blog/2015/9/17/avett-brothers-reunite-with-ottawa-at-cityfolk-festival