Jambands.ca

So, who put their mail order in today?

Velvet

No, of course you do. But you have to pay a fee to the post office for every money order that you get, and you have to include a separate money order for each show (if I remember correctly from back in the day). The fees aren't refundable when you take the money orders back to the post office for your refund. If you've sent in enough requests, you've probably paid a sizable amount of money in fees alone.

Not only do you have to put in separate money orders in for each show, but if you are throwing your hat in at multiple price levels that means separate money orders for each of those as well...each with their own fees. I also didn't realize that you had the front the money up front...I assumed that you only paid if the money order was processed. Fingers crossed...

I mail ordered.

It was all a bit of a panic as I am in Mexico now on vacation.

Before I left Toronto, I spent $3269.65 CAD on postal money orders in USD.

I went for the maximum allowed.

4 tix for each night, all 3 nights at all 3 price levels.

Hoping to score big, with 4 awesome reserved seats for each night !!

I decorated my envelope and sent in an additional $35 USD for priority post return mail.

I had a good friend go to the post office yesterday for the 9am opening and mail it off for me.

I have 2 hotel rooms reserved in d/t Chicago.

One at the Crowne Plaza and another at the Intercontinental.

My flight is already booked through my Aeroplan points and now I wait until mid-February before knowing whether I have tickets or not...sigh

ordered two tix each for the 4th and 5th (@ $95.50) All that I could afford right now.  paying a $7 fee for a $2 money order (for postage) did seem a bit silly though. 

booked a flight with Aeroplan points. still need to book a place to stay. Probably going solo as convincing my non-Deadhead girlfriend who dislikes long meandering songs is proving to be a challenge. :-)

I'm looking at renting an apartment. seems to be the best value for the money. if anybody is interested let me know. 

Mail ordered yesterday. Decided to make it simple and only go for GA Pit tickets for each of the 3 nights. It is a crazy process and it makes no logical sense to order tickets this way in 2015, but I thought I'd give it a go for nostalgic reasons. And I'm hoping the "craziness" results in an increased chance of scoring tickets, as people opt for saner and easier alternatives. Given the hype, this is going to be a tough ticket.

Let the waiting begin ...

Guest Low Roller

For cheap accommodations near to the venue, there is the Grant Park Best Western. It's cheap, filthy, and next to the best breakfast place in town.