Jambands.ca

So, who put their mail order in today?

Velvet

I think this is going to be a hard ticket. I ordered 2 for each night plus a pair for a Psychedelic Fridays contest.. I likely will be at the rainbow gathering before this show, go to chicago and then return to the rainbow for clean up..

I was hoping they would gather in VT this year, but now I'm routing for Up State Michigan or WI.

Regardless I'll be there.

And the best breakfast place in town is called...?

ann sathers.  

trying for tix as well.  i liked the nostalgic feel to the process, brought back good memories of doing MO for the dead.  i was inconvenienced by the decision to not just go online.  but i appreciate the idea that the MO didnt have a big chunk of tix, and won't really affect people's TM and other chances; but i also recognize that there may actually still be grateful dead fans out there who dont use computers and this is a kind decision to give them a chance too.   dunno.

do know im excited about it.  very.  

So now for the "final" shows in July they've made the entire field G/A and no seats. There will still be a pit (for $99 and only avail via GDTS) but the area behind this pit will be "g/a field".

Not sure I wanna spend well over $200 a night per ticket just to stand on a football field crammed in like cattle. CouchTour in my basement is sounding much more attractive right now. Especially with that bad state of the Canadian dollar. Everything is +25% now...

People have started to receieve rejection letters, yes letters, from GTDS.

Reading a lot about how people think the travel packages are "cheap". What I'm confused about and I think others think - are that the prices include tickets. I don't think they do. Take for instance the first one on the page - the Hyatt Regency " $1,425 + Applicable Ticketing Fees". While that's a "2 person package" it doesn't list if the price is FOR 2 people or per person.

Well 2x3 night tickets alone are over $1200 and that hotel is easily $300 a night, so how could the whole shebang be $1425? Makes no sense.

http://www.cidentertainment.com/events/gratefuldead50/travel-packages/

Two (2) Person Packages; GA or Reserved Seating

• Three (3) nights stay at The Hyatt Regency McCormick Place – check in 7/3/15, check out 7/6/15; option to add a night at purchase for check in on 7/2/15

• Two (2) 3-night GA Pit or Reserved tickets in the lower bowl

Two (2) 50th Anniversary event t-shirts

*This hotel is within walking distance of Soldier Field

It reads 1425 for 2 people for 3 nights and 2 tickets to each show and you can choose from 2 packages, one being the GA pit and the other being Reserved seats.

"Workingman's Dead" 3-night GA Travel Package for 2 People

$1,425 + Applicable Ticketing Fees

"Workingman's Dead" 3-night Reserved Travel Package for 2 People

$1,545 + Applicable Ticketing Fees

The real question is "How much are these applicable ticketing fees going to run me?" So for those of you "totally confused" I have one thing to say

Stay in school, kids.

What a shit show.

Significant changes in VIP options now

Ticket packages:

Steal Your Face CID Experience
  • One (1) premium reserved ticket -OR- GA Floor
  • 3-Night or 1-Night tickets available
  • Limited edition, screen printed Grateful Dead 50th Anniversary event poster (1 per night)
  • One (1) copy of “Fare Thee Well” Hard Cover Coffee Table Book by Jay Blakesberg (mailed after the show)
  • CID lounge access before, during, and after the show with complimentary food and cash bar
  • CID Entrance
1-Night Steal Your Face CID Experience

GA Floor or Premium Reserved Seat

$519 + service fees

3-Night Steal Your Face CID Experience

GA Floor or Premium Reserved Seat

$1,497 + service fees

Travel Packages (increased prices included):

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Two (2) Person Packages; Reserved Seating
  • Three (3) nights stay at The Hyatt Regency McCormick Place – check in 7/3/15, check out 7/6/15; option to add a night at purchase for check in on 7/2/15
  • Two (2) 3-night Reserved tickets
  • Two (2) 50th Anniversary event t-shirts

*This hotel is within walking distance of Soldier Field

"Workingman's Dead" 3-night Travel Package for 2 People

Reserved Seats

$1,550 + service fees

Tennessee Jed Package $346.50
One (1) Person Package; General Admission (Dance in the Hallways) no seat, no view of the stage.
• Three night stay anywhere in the Soldier Field Parking Lot.
• One (1) Shakedown Street coupon for a grilled cheese and Mountain Dew combo.
• One (1) 50th Anniversary event blanket and pillow....Rich man step on my poor head..