Jambands.ca

So, who put their mail order in today?

Velvet

Tennessee Jed Package $346.50

One (1) Person Package; General Admission (Dance in the Hallways) no seat, no view of the stage.

• Three night stay anywhere in the Soldier Field Parking Lot.

• One (1) Shakedown Street coupon for a grilled cheese and Mountain Dew combo.

• One (1) 50th Anniversary event blanket and pillow....Rich man step on my poor head..

JSCAOMK

Just Spilled Coffee All Over My Keyboard

Freakin' Hilarious! And it may end up being my best option, as I just got my rejection letter in the mail today.

That's the spirit!

Anyone else hear any news?  I am not on facebook and therefore a little in the dark...but getting increasingly excited about it all.  So far no word for me either in the mail or in terms of activity with my mail orders....holding onto hope.

I got really excited yesterday when Canada Post came by with an express post package.

I thought I'd won the lottery and my tickets arrived.

It was a big disappointment when I turned the package over and realized it was not from GDTSTOO  :(

So I've got nothing so far.

Recently, one worker spotted a ticket request from Eric Vandercar, a 53-year-old bond expert who died this month in a New York train accident. The sorters set up a tiny memorial beside his envelope: a candle, his photo and a vase of greenery.

Apparently he was a real fixture on the scene in NewYork City for 20-plus years. A few bands have paid tribute to him in recent days, including moe. and Yonder. A sample of his recordings:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22EricV%22

A Jambands.com article about him:

http://www.jambands.com/news/2015/02/04/eric-vandercar-beloved-taper-dies-at-53

And another, with pics of a marquee tribute:

http://www.jambands.com/news/2015/02/06/moe-dedicate-new-york-city-to-eric-vandercar

I got my rejection notice on Saturday, delivered by a postie no less (didn't think they work weekends). I'm going to now cancel my Chicago trip, unless by some miracle I score one ticket via TM.

What?!?!?  I have never in my life heard of mail delivery in Canada on a Saturday outside of the xmas season.

Sorry to hear this man.  Regular onside is still a distinct possibility.  Best of luck.

What?!?!?  I have never in my life heard of mail delivery in Canada on a Saturday outside of the xmas season.

Sorry to hear this man.  Regular onside is still a distinct possibility.  Best of luck.

Thanks Todd! I had tentative plans to go to a Cubs and White Sox game (the Jays are in town on the Monday). I also was going to take my wee son to the Kingston Mines blues club. I will try again on the 28th.