Jambands.ca

Roggae Remixed

DevO

Pretty sweeeeet:

My remix of Phish' "Roggae"
Roggae was always one of my fav's from that album as it was such a laid back groove and playful,colorful lyrics. I had an amazing experience in my bedroom doing Yoga to Hampton Comes alive's version of Roggae.It was always one of my favorite live cuts from any of their live albums..So last year when i wanted to do a Phish remix it was a no brainer to do Roggae..The first few minutes of the remix is the studio version and then i splice in the Hampton 98' version.Following the band on their valleys of breath and relaxed jam i pretended i was the 5th and 6th members of the band tracing their dynamics with textures and lucid synth pastels.It is an honor to merge cultures and bring more harmony with the profound family tree of music.

Guest Low Roller

That's a really great remix! 

Is this your creation DevO, or did you simply transcribe the text describing the track from the original source?

If this is you, then well done mate!

This track is a remix by "Kaminanda" aka Stephen Medeiros from Victoria BC.

He was the drummer for the Wassabi Collective( 2001-2004). 

He's done very well for himself since reinventing himself as Kaminanda, he's a luminary at a lot of those tribal electronica festivals in the US & Canada.

https://www.facebook.com/Kaminanda.music