Jambands.ca

Barr Bros Anyone....

Groove Fetish

Really great sold out show last night at Lee's. Andres Vial was not in the lineup (is he out of the band now?) however it was a sextet including a pedal steel player, a keys player and a bassist. They played all new material except for Beggar in the Morning to (I think) close their set and maybe one more from the first album as part of the encore (not sure). Encore also included an unreleased song that Brad said they tried to get right in the studio but weren't happy with. I love the new album and enjoyed this show more than any other Barr Brothers show I've seen.  Aroara opened, I caught some of it.  I keep trying but haven't really latched on to their music. Leslie Feist sat in.  Thanks Tasha for the ticket hook up!!

Really great sold out show last night at Lee's. Andres Vial was not in the lineup (is he out of the band now?) however it was a sextet including a pedal steel player, a keys player and a bassist.

I asked to Andrew about Andres after the Gatineau show.  He said that he's taken time to work on some jazz stuff.  Who leaves a band like that to work on their own projects anyway?  The extra musicians were  a nice addition.  I found it interesting that they covered (and extended) the sounds brad used to do on his own in certain tunes with loops or whatever tricks he's good at.