Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
Northern Wish

ISO: Barr Brothers live recordings

Then someone could make it a special Record Store Day release, similar to this mess:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2015/04/the_national_ar_3.html

"Remember when The National played "Sorrow" for six hours straight at MoMA PS1? If you've been thinking ever since, "I wish this was available to buy as a really expensive box set" well your dreams have come true. The nine-vinyl-LP set A Lot of Sorrow will be released by 4AD on June 22. It comes in a translucent box (on clear vinyl), they're only making 1,500 of them and they sell for $150."

I'm shocked that a 9-year old Barr Bros show has no seeders.

fun facts:

- they were called Brothers Barr back then in 2006

- after that show, andrew and I spoke about getting the brothers barr to play in ottawa

- following up, they agreed to play mavericks with sister brother

- leading up to the show, they were toying with their name and decided to rebrand as Barr Brothers.  The Mavericks show would be their first show known as "Barr Brothers"

- day of the show, they contacted me and said they would do a Slip show since Marc was in Ottawa too supporting Jim Bryson.

Here's the original handbill.

0vkP4Rx.jpg

- leading up to the show, they were toying with their name and decided to rebrand as Barr Brothers.  The Mavericks show would be their first show known as "Barr Brothers"

- day of the show, they contacted me and said they would do a Slip show since Andrew was in Ottawa too

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=550507

Aloha,

Brad