Jambands.ca

Fare Thee Well Chicago simulcast in Theatres

HaMike

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6538491/grateful-dead-final-concerts-broadcast-theaters?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The topic of showings in Canada is addressed in Fathom Events FAQs.

(Q) I live in Canada—why I can't see one of your events?
(A) Currently, Fathom Events only has rights to show our events in the United States. We are able to show our events in Canada via a distribution partner on an extremely limited basis.

I wonder if multiple requests at their Contact Us would be helpful towards a showing in Ottawa and Toronto?

Contact Us

Have a question about Fathom or our events? Send us an email with your question to: info@fathomevents.com or call 1-855-473-4612

A member of our staff will aim to return your email within 48 business hours. Thank you.

Seems like that would be better than driving to Buffalo,Watertown,Plattsburgh or Burlington,VT on the 4th of July weekend!

mmmmmmmmmmm I tried but I don't think a few dozen hippies will make much of a diff

Solution:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting Fathom Events! At this time Fathom Events does not have any international partners. Grateful Dead: Fare Thee Well will be screening in United States theatres.

Thank you!
Fathom Events

The party at my place is officially on.

I've been trying to figure out what sort of a PA system I should rent from Long and McQuade. I'm leaning toward a Bose shown here https://www.long-mcquade.com/18019/Pro_Audio_Recording/PA_Cabinets/Bose_Professional_Products/L1S_Single_B2_with_Tonematch.htm

Anybody have any experience with this thing being hooked to a projector or perhaps any other suggestions? I just want it to A. Sound Great, B. Loud C. Easy.  I'm not a sound man so the less knobs and wires the better.

Since my laptop is kinda shoddy, I was hoping to use my new ipad with a lightening to hdmi device on the projector. Is this a good idea?

I'm also thinking I should get a range booster for my wifi since this is being setup outside so we  can dance by the bonfire. My wifi does work outside pretty well but I want no fuck-ups where my guests start booing me.

Let me know if you want to come :)

Can't help with most of what you are asking about, but I do have a suggestion. 

I went to a party last summer at a friends place who was doing something similar (not music related, but sports). The weekend beforehand we were playing around with different setups to assure the least issues with his wifi - he bought a new, rather expensive router but still (due to distance) had issues with dropped connection, stuttering etc. He bought a rangebooster (again, a high end one) but still experienced pretty much the same issues.

What we ended doing was (though might not be optimal for your place) was just buy a few 50 & 100 foot ethernet cables and ran them out to his set up. It was ~700 feet, give or take. Perhaps not the prettiest set up, but in the end there was no dropped connections or other issues and it cost a lot less then the booster and router (which he simply returned). I don't know the distance, terrain or obstacles at your place you would have to deal with so as I said, it may not be an optimal option for you. (I think I have one or two of the 50 footers kicking around still)

I sent off an email to him asking what his set up was again. I want to say he was using a laptop, but I can't recall exactly.

Depending on my schedule I'd be up to coming and watching it (would love to watch it outdoors). My buddy George & his girlfriend may be up for making the journey with me too, if that's cool. Their pretty chill folks.

Yeah, I meant to mention that as well. Depending on your router speed, CAT 6 would serve the purpose, though I imagine wherever you pick it up would know the best option. I had suggested that to my buddy, but he was set on returning the cables afterwards so thats why he went with what he did.

I'll get in touch regarding coming up once I know better what's going on for me during july. It has been quite awhile that's for sure.

The projector and screen are reserved. My laptop has HDMI as does the projector. Once you give me the cable length we need I will put  together a CAT6 cable to avoid using wifi. I will stop by the rental shop next week to check out the projector and see what types of output it has for audio connections.

I have a little more than a cord of wood chopped and split, will go find some downed trees when I get home from Ft Mac and get a good supply of wood ready. Plus I will save my annual burning of the Christmas tree for that weekend :) that's always good for at least 20 feet of flame.

The webcast is $80 for the five nights. The Cable PPV price has not  been announced yet. (the cable will only be the chicago shows). Live Alliance has stated that it will be available in Canada through both Rogers and Bell.

what's the difference between the two for quality and consistency... 

that's a good question..?

I imagine they will both be of equal quality, hi def video and audio. The advantage of cable would be stability I suppose. The advantage of online stream is its ability to be streamed where ever you can get an Internet connection.